ace of pentacles

BrightEye

I drew this card recently asking what a friend of mine needs of me at the moment. A gift, I thought, some real and tangible support, but I can't visualize what that might be exactly. I don't know whether this particular ace actually means a gift. What else could it be?

sweet_intuition

Perhaps she needs to feel stable and secure? Perhaps she might need to feel protected and nurtured? Or maybe she needs help to be grounded?

BrightEye

sweet_intuition said:
Perhaps she needs to feel stable and secure? Perhaps she might need to feel protected and nurtured? Or maybe she needs help to be grounded?
Ok, that makes sense. I'm notoriously bad at making someone feel that way. probably because I don't know what it feels like myself. Any idea how I might go about it?

sweet_intuition

BrightEye said:
Ok, that makes sense. I'm notoriously bad at making someone feel that way. probably because I don't know what it feels like myself. Any idea how I might go about it?

Hmmm, well, I'm not the most "Ace of Pentacles"-esque person either, so can't really say how to go about it.

Maybe perhaps just being with her and reassuring her by your presence could make her feel all safe grounded and secure. It happens a lot, when in company of friends and loved ones who are there for us, we feel more at ease our tensions or insecurity melts away.

Or maybe you could treat her to something indulgently earthy... yummy chocolate brownies with hot fudge and ice cream? and allow her to open up and express what's troubling her.

Payewacker

Hi BrightEye.

You should think she needs advise on where to start or hoping for sound advise from you or perhaps helping her to eventually acheive her goals!! She therefore trust you to kinda give her soft push to eventually get to the point where she is financialy stable, what you need to consider is the importance of the Aces.

Your approach should be to understand Yods. If you have a look at Ace of Swords, the "raindrops" are in fact Yods. But You must consider all the Aces also as a Yod on it's own.

What is "Yod",
Yod is no 10 in the jewish alphabet to which the major arcanum is linked. Now knowing that the Magician controls the aces, don't you think the Ace links to the Magician in the sense that this being the idea and born within your imagination. So can you then say that this would be the mundane manifestation of the idea?

Aleph is no 1 therefore linked to Aces as well as Magician. Have you wondered about the Magician being the one to create and control his own world or ruler of the universe.

So, how do think Aleph (no 1) and Yod (no 10) is linked.

Yes, i agree with you, perhaps thinking, it is reduced as in numerology, no not realy.

Aleph being the idea which is only in your mind and not limited to time, and Yod being limited to a timeframe and the manifestation, therefore yes, without aleph, yod can not exist and without yod, aleph could not exist.

So , you know that ten is the full manifestation of the pip cards in the specific suit. Therefore you are correct in assuming that one and ten is directly linked, keep in mind that 2 to 9 are the individual steps needed to arive at the conclusion.

Exactly, now you understand the direction and the incredible valuable your friend attaches to your advice.

Blessed be
Payewacker.

willowfox

Either a practical gift or some practical help. Or both. Something earthy, practical and pleasing to the senses.

elvenstar

Just a quick note to say I have seen the ace of pentacles as gift, literally. It can be an object or a symbolic gesture, as simple as inviting someone for dinner and cooking them a lovely meal, or arranging a surprise fun day out. A little thing is all it takes sometimes :)

Seafra

I rarely see it as a tangible gift. When I get this for a friend I invite them over for some tea, nice conversation -- safe haven. Hopefully they leave feeling a little bit more secure in this world.

When it is the 3 of cups I break out the beer.

Blessings - Seafra

BrightEye

Well, I made it a gift and added that I was there if I was needed. Looks like I'm not, which may be a good thing. I don't know.

Water Lady

I was thinking of taking her as your guest for a outing, museum, art gallery, some cities have huge gardens, quiet lunch. Places where it is safe, quiet, inspiring, where she can step back for a minute and just be.