General - Aspects of your Life spread?

colorwalk

I've perused through much of the spreads in the index, but still haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm looking for a general spread, but not the usual general spread where the querent doesn't ask a question and just let the cards tell them. Rather, I'm looking for a general spread that covers all major aspects of the querent's life so that the reading will actually shed some light in regards to areas like romance, career, health, family, etc. Basically, something like a spread that will give a specific outlook on all aspects of the querent's life, what to expect in each area, and perhaps could also be good for an opening spread that the querent could then pick one particular area to be expanded on.

So far, I've found the Elements spread from the index to be most relevant, but I'm wondering if there are more "general specific" spreads out there that you guys use.

Much thanks in advance! :)

rwcarter

Nancy Garen has a Category Spread in her book "Tarot Made Easy." The description from the book is:
Nancy Garen said:
This is a general "all-purpose" spread that can be used when there are no particular questions in mind and you just want to know what's coming up in your future. It can be used every week, month, or year.

It's called a Category Spread because 32 cards are used to represent each of the thirty-two categories of interpretation, and only one category per card is read.

She lays the cards out in 4 rows of 8 cards. Her categories are:
Focus, Desire, Romance, The Unexpected, Others, The Home, Travel, Papers, Work/Career, Unions, Emotional State, Pleasure, News, Family, The Physical Body, Finances, Time, Friends, Visitors/Callers, Mail, Anxiety, Disappointment, Endings, New Beginnings, Inheritance, Rewards/Gists, Success, Fortune, Blessings, Special Guidance, Best Course of Action and Outcome.

Those categories equate to the 32 meanings she gives for each card. You could pick and choose the categories you actually wanted to use.

HTH,
Rodney

colorwalk

Thanks very much for sharing this spread. Seems like what I'm looking for... though that's going to be a tough spread to remember in terms of which card goes with which category since there are so many just lined up together!

Also, what did you mean by "only one category per card is read"? One card per category? Or did that mean something else?

I'm going to give this one a try and see how it goes- thanks again!

If anyone has more to share, please do... I'm definitely still up for variations and other options/ideas. :)

thorhammer

The companion book for the Housewives Tarot gives a great spread like this. It's called the Clothesline of Life Spread. It's 7 cards, in a line.
1: This card represents your state of mind
2: This card represents difficulties
3: This card deals with career and communication
4: This card represents romance and emotional relationships
5: This card deals with home and family matters
6: This card represents your unconscious foundation
7: This card reveals your future or possible outcome

I did a reading thread using this spread and deck in the reading exchange not so long ago, if you want to check out how it "drives". Hope it helps.

\m/ Kat

rwcarter

Ocean Light said:
Also, what did you mean by "only one category per card is read"? One card per category? Or did that mean something else?
Yes, only pull one card per category used. I like large spreads and don't know that I would use all 32 categories at one time. Just pick and choose which categories you want to use and just pick one card for each category.

HTH,
Rodney

colorwalk

thorhammer said:
The companion book for the Housewives Tarot gives a great spread like this. It's called the Clothesline of Life Spread. It's 7 cards, in a line.
(snip)
I did a reading thread using this spread and deck in the reading exchange not so long ago, if you want to check out how it "drives". Hope it helps.

I did a search for the reading thread and it sure does look interesting- definitely helpful. Thank you very much! I'm going to give this one a test run and see how it goes. :)

colorwalk

rwcarter said:
Just pick and choose which categories you want to use and just pick one card for each category.

Yes, I think I might do that and modify things a bit... but those categories are giving me ideas of areas I hadn't thought of previously. Perhaps I'll use that as springboard to create a spread that would work well for me. Thanks very much again! :)

Apocalixe

Hi OceanLight

I use this one that I found on the Visconti Tarots by Berti & Gonard, called carpet spread.
In this spread you use 8 cards for each horizontal line.
The Keys area are:
Love*Work*Family*Friends*Fun*Money*Health*Spriritual.

For the first line you use the Major Arcana, for the second you use the Numerical Cards, for the third you use the Court Cards.

To interpret the cards you have to remember that the Courts represent people who positively or negatively influence your life or the life of the querent, the Numericals represent the actions through which the figures operate, the Major Arcana represent a judgement on the situation.

Blessings