Gold/Silver Tarot Decks?

Silverlyn

Hi.

I'm thinking of an idea for a Tarot Deck....(once I learn more about the meanings and symbols of each card that is...:)

But..I really LOVE the color and level of shine that is on the gilded edges of some Decks....(like the gold on the edges of the Magical Unicorns Oracle by Doreen Virtue for instance).

Are there any Decks where the WHOLE card is covered/made with/out of this gold or silver?

If not, I would love to make one! Wouldn't it be gorgeous?:)

Like maybe silver on the backs and gold with the pictures done in various colors (but of the same metallic/shine as the gold/silver).?

Any ideas?

Silverlyn

HearthCricket

There are quite a few decks that fit your description:

Golden Tarot of the Renaissance
Golden Visconti
Mantegna
Golden Botticelli
Golden Tarot of Klimt

plus, look into the Golden Tarot, by Kat Black, and the Golden Tarot of the Tsar, as well. :) These are just some of the lovely foil decks.

Then there are the Golden editions of the Victorian Romantic Tarot and the Baroque Bohemian Cats, as well as the up and coming Silver edition of the Bohemian Gothic, all by Magic Realist Press.

Silverlyn

HC: Really? Thanks for all those, I was wondering if there were any decks made out of that or not..I will look into those then.....(are they just edged in it or is the whole card made with it?

I'll try and find whole deck pics of these.....

I wonder if they'll be doing a gold or silver edition on The Tarot Favole...hmmmm THAT'D be niiiice:)

Thanks!

Silverlyn

Guiding Cauldron

Mantega Silver edition is Silver all over the cards in its glorious sparlking wonder! :) I LOVE my Matega Silver, I find it VERY easy to use and understand the metallic silver on eth whole card really makes it for me :)

HearthCricket

The face of the cards are gold or silver and very shiny. The edges are not as thick as the Doreen Virtue cards so don't need to be edged. The Golden Tarot, by Kat Black, have the gold edges, but no gold on the card itself. But they are drop dead gorgeous, if that is a deck that speaks to you.

The Gold editions of the decks by MRP are touched up with a more matted or antique looking gold, here and there, on the card, and really give a lovely ancient look to them.

Ah, just go buy them all! I have seen people even use them as Christmas ornaments and do a tarot tree! (ever so tempting, isn't it??)

Guiding Cauldron

ohhhh TAROT tree!!!! OMG that sounds amazing! Thanks for teh idea HC :)

Silverlyn

LOL, A Tarot Tree, decorated in silver/gold foil cards..ahhhh, what a great idea!:)

Mantega silver edition? Sounds gorgeous!! Could you post a couple images of both sides of it for our splendor?:)

And I wonder if there were any such paper/fabric one could buy in a hobby store to cover our cards with...or a silver/gold sheen laminate...hmmmmm.

Silverlyn

shadowbane

Sorry to interrupt your post. I was lurking a little looking at the silver and gold ideas for tarot decks. Hope you dont mind me asking but I couldnt find the mantegna silver edition. I like the possibility of a silver or gold deck.
would any of you be able to give me details to where I can find this please?

thanx Shad

Gerbear

The Basara Gold Tarot is a Japanese deck that is entirely covered with gold, or at least the gold-colored shiny stuff. It makes the design rather hard to see at some angles, but when the light is right, the cards seem to glow. The designs have no color, other than gold, but they seem to be slightly embossed, so that they stand out more.

AJ

Silverlyn said:
LOL, A Tarot Tree, decorated in silver/gold foil cards..ahhhh, what a great idea!:)

Mantega silver edition? Sounds gorgeous!! Could you post a couple images of both sides of it for our splendor?:)

And I wonder if there were any such paper/fabric one could buy in a hobby store to cover our cards with...or a silver/gold sheen laminate...hmmmmm.

Silverlyn
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/mantegna/
this is a 50 card deck based on ancient cards.

the zerner farber deck might match your thoughts about fabric, it is an embellished textile deck if that makes sense.
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/zerner-farber/index.shtml#cards

The sky is the limit, but most anything you can think up has been tried :) with varying results.