Chinese Astrology

kayne

Hello all,
My Chinese Astrological sign is the Horse and this year is the year of the Horse. I don't really know much about Chinese Astrology... so I would be interested to know if there is any significance about being a Horse in the year of the Horse?

Pollux

Hey Kayne, be careful with personal relationships, of every kind - but especially on the lavorative side.
Actually I can only tell you, I don't remembr much more.

Being a Horse in the year of the Horse means just that you will have a lucky year, of, better still, a luckier year if you get what I mean... If you wait I'll get documented, but I bet yor request will be fulfilled by SOMEONE WE KNOW WELL before I happen to come back. ;D

purplelady

I have a book that I just adore called "The handbook of chinese horoscopes" by Theodora Lau.

Here's the advice this book gives for someone born under the year of the horse IN the year of the horse:
"A good and prosperous year for the horse. Recognition or promotion brings him satisfaction and happiness. Plans are realized without much effort and he will be lucky playing his hunches. He may be susceptable to contagious diseases, do not visit sick people or expose yourself unnecessarily. Do not break friendships or partnerships this year.

In General , for Everyone in the year of the horse:
A lively high spirited year for all.Life will be hectic and punctuated with adventure. People will find themselves reckless , romantic and carefree. A definite time for advancement. High speed , efficiency, Action is the key word. Take care not to drive ourselves too hard. A rewarding but exhuasting year.
Exhilarating yet frustrating at times, this years pace will tax our reserve energies and leave us feeling depleted. It is a good time for letting off steam and doing all the whimsical things you ever dreamed about . Listen to your senses, follow your intuition , though the wind may be changing constantly.

purplelady

Year of the horse (continued)

Impulsive , self confident. Industry , production , and the world's economy will be on the upswing. Tempers may be frayed , but good humour will prevail.
Brace yourself , the volatile horse will quicken our pulse and bring tension and stress to our everyday lives. The horses tempo is fast, his disposition sanguine but erratic. But in spite of everything , we will retain his common sense approach toward money matters. An excellent time to strike out on your own! Freedom of movement , be bold , brave , and shocking!
This year is the year of the Water Horse...................

Pollux

I'm in awe... THANX PURLELADY!!!

how nice, the Water Horse! So powerful but emotive, so ovberwhelming but steady! :)

kayne

I agree with Pollux :)

Thankyou. I don't know if these characteristics are really 'me' but it was great reading them!

purplelady

Kayne , the first paragraph I wrote is How a person born in year of the horse fares in the year of the horse. The rest is general information about how we all do or feel in the year of the horse. It isn't specifically the charactaristics of those born in the year of the horse. But the book has pages and pages about that which would be way too long to post here! However , I take it you were born in 1978? In which case you are an earth horse. Also , everyone has a rising sign in chinese zodiac based on time of day you were born .

purplelady

Here is a little bit about the horse personality:
A person born in this year is said to be cheerful, popular, and quick witted. He has raw sex appeal rather than straight good looks. He is very perceptive and talkative. His changeable nature may lead him to be hot-tempered , rash , and headstrong at times. The unpredictable horse will fall in Love easily and fall out of Love just as easily.
The horse usually leaves home early, or perhaps take up a career at an early age. He is an adventurer at heart.The horse is a showy dresser. Open minded , flexible, non-conformist. May be a playboy! He will like things done his way. He does not like to surrender his all important freedom. He may suffer from insomnia.
The horse Has to express himself! The Earth horse is more precise and slow moving. He is apt to be more logical but less decisive. He likes to consider all sides of a question before acting.

purplelady

Pollux, I'm concluding that you were born in 1983 , thus making you a boar!
" This is the sign of honesty, simplicity, and great fortitude. Gallant, sturdy , and courageous, a person born in this year will apply himself to an allotted task with all his strength and you can rely on him to see it through. Scratch the surface and you will find pure gold. He is equally reputed for his wanton pursuit of pleasure, and even depravity , when he emphasizes his negative trait :p !
It will be easy to trust the kindly boar. He rarely has ulterior motives.He is innocent an naive! He must Beware of being the victim of swindlers.
The boar believes in miracles and miracles will happen to him.He will make many lasting and beneficial friendships. You will be a great fund raiser and have a penchant for social work and charity. You seek to identify with as many people as possible. His main fault will be his inability to say "no".

aciddragon

Hmm I've read about the Boar cuz I'm one too. All I can say is that it matchs up almost too perfect. Everything I've done for Birth Chart to reading about Libra's or the Chinese reading...They all match me. The other night I found out my personality card...Justice and Soul card...The High Prietess. So, I'm DOOOOOMED..hehe Nah j/k. But for the most part people seen to find it easy to tell me there problems. I've always thought I was a good listener...Most of the time that is. I like to think I'm an easy to get along with person. Oh so I hope.. :)