4 Quarters New Year Spread

********QC*********
1****2****3****4****
********SC**********

1) 1st Quarter(Jan-Mar.)
2) 2nd Quarter(Apr.-June)
3) 3rd Quarter(July-Sept.)
4) 4th Quarter(Oct.-Dec.)

Shadow Card(SC)-What is hidden and needs to brought out?
Quintessential(QC)-The Essential Message for the year.

The Shadow Card is pulled from the bottom of the deck.
The Quintessential is cards 1-4 added and reduced to a Major Arcane.

My Method for Assigning a QC

Numbers 0 and 22 = The Fool

** 1-21 correspond to their respective Major Cards.**

Numbers 23 and above get reduced…(i.e. card totals =23….2+3=5….the Quinessential Card would be 5-The Hierophant).
Court Cards are NOT assigned numeric value in my method, and thus are a 0.

:heart:

BLFO

I shall definately try it.

BLFO

You do the Shadow and Quint cards after you shuffle? I have never tried using these type of cards before.

Indigo Rose

BLFO said:
You do the Shadow and Quint cards after you shuffle? I have never tried using these type of cards before.

Yes. The Shadow Card is pulled from the bottom of the deck after it is shuffled and the other cards are laid out. The Quintessential is done last. For that, you add cards 1-4 and reduce the total to a Major...then find that Major card in the deck. Sometimes the QC will be the same as the SC or will appear in the layout. I take that to emphasize the importance of that card in the reading.

pippi

Thanks, Indigo Rose, for posting this. Was looking for a simple New Years spread...didn't want to do the whole 12-month deal. I like the idea of quarters...it has a similar feel to the four seasons, yet less messy, date-wise! And I love how you incorporated the SC and QC. Looks great, thanks again! :)

Indigo Rose

pippi said:
Thanks, Indigo Rose, for posting this. Was looking for a simple New Years spread...didn't want to do the whole 12-month deal. I like the idea of quarters...it has a similar feel to the four seasons, yet less messy, date-wise! And I love how you incorporated the SC and QC. Looks great, thanks again! :)

I'm glad you like it. :D Thanks, Pippi. :heart:

BLFO

I am going to try this right now. Let me get this straight....

1. Shuffle cards
2. Before splitting the deck, look at the bottom of the deck for the shadow card.
3. split deck to get the winter card.
4. split deck again to get the spring card (that if you are into splitting decks for every pull. You you make just pull cards back to back from the top without splitting. Your choice.)
5. split deck to get summer.
6. split deck to get fall.
7. count all the numbers of the card to get the Quint card.

Indigo Rose

BLFO said:
I am going to try this right now. Let me get this straight....

1. Shuffle cards
2. Before splitting the deck, look at the bottom of the deck for the shadow card.
3. split deck to get the winter card.
4. split deck again to get the spring card (that if you are into splitting decks for every pull. You you make just pull cards back to back from the top without splitting. Your choice.)
5. split deck to get summer.
6. split deck to get fall.
7. count all the numbers of the card to get the Quint card.

Actually I pull the Shadow Card after the deck has been shuffled and cards 1-4 have been laid out. However, you can do it however it feels best for you. :) I'm glad you're giving the spread a go.

Karen48

What an interesting spread!

I'm gonna try it now.

Thanks for sharing!

Kx