Creating a tarot book?

SherryZoned

Self publishing would be nice...but the money involved...I think is the main problem..

truthsayer

i don't know how many pages you are planning to print but go to a place like kinko's and print up maybe 20 collated copies. then find a way to bind the pages together. sell a copy to tarot-holics at your up and coming website. if all goes well print more and hopefully see enough popularity of your material that you earn the necessary money to pay for self publishing. it would be more work this way but possible.

juice

I was told by someone who self published a couple years ago that those plastic spiral binder things you can buy at local business supply was the cheapest binding.

You could put up 1 chapter to 1/3 of the book if you didn't want to put the whole thing on the web. A publisher is going to want at least 2 or 3 chapters and an outline in any case. OK known authors might only have to send in that little.

I'd suggest writing a letter asking for submission guidelines before actually sending in work. You'll want to gaurd against the publisher who might leave your stuff in a stack for 3 years before doing anything with it. Some get upset if you send it to more than one at a time.

You could even consider selling book on cd, but those are even easier to copy than a website. If you go that route you might want to make each one a sign and numbered copy. Numbering the first 500 isn't all that painful and by then a publisher might want second printing.