Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

wind 
Citizen

ace of pentacles in relationships

What would you say about ace of pentacles as outcome for a relationship? It is about working together (as collegues at work)? - although the question is about romance.

I am not sure what to think...is this card only about work or can it indicate some other bond too?
wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
thorhammer 
Citizen

I would see it as signifying a great deal of potential, and as the outcome, that potential realised and taken advantage of. I see a marriage of possibility and ambition with this card, so it suggests a practical approach to a relationship. Pentacles don't have to automatically mean "work" as in career and colleagues, but it could show "work" as in the two parties being willing to "work" at their relationship.

Do you read reversals? If not, there are always the less positive meanings to be taken into account, as well. A certain formlessness, possibly a dearth of direction, could be suggested by this card, along with the happy side. Possibility overwhelming one's intellectual ability to shape the situation.

\m/ Kat

~ The Octopus
thorhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Eddie 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind
What would you say about ace of pentacles as outcome for a relationship? It is about working together (as collegues at work)? - although the question is about romance.

I am not sure what to think...is this card only about work or can it indicate some other bond too?
Morning Wind,
I like this Ace as an outcome for a relationship, it shows commitment, and a very, very solid base from which this relationship can develop, commitment in a practical sense ie....engagment, some sort of contract between you, so either a verbal commitment to each other or a more formal one, either way this has a very solid feel to this development, a lovely outcome, good luck!!!!

Old 28-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
starrystarrynight 
Intolerance intolerant

Depending upon the other cards in the spread, I have also seen this one in a relationship reading Outcome spot to mean following one's bliss--starting something new beyond and exclusive of the relationship. So, in that way, it can be a negative if you want this particular relationship to flourish. You know?

You really have to look hard at the rest of the spread.

Old 29-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
berrieh 
Citizen

Personally, I'd say the Ace of Pentacles showed the potential for manifestation. I'd need surrounding cards to make an actual prediction, though, because the Ace of Pents is a contradiction to me---Pentacles show me real, true, manifested things/experiences/creations, but Aces show me potential that may or may not be realized. So, I guess it means the potential is real, but whether or not it is MADE real remains to be seen.

For me, pentacles have never represented work/career/money so much as things that are tangible. They come up in those topics so often because money is a very tangible thing---it's an idea made real and represented by objects. But a ring is a real symbol of a marriage, so it's a "Pentacles"y thing as well, you know? (Granted, that's not in the Aces IMO). So, it can definitely be your answer, but it kind of answers in a non-answer sort of way. Kind of saying "There's real potential to create here, but the future is what you make of it."

Last edited by berrieh; 29-12-2007 at 10:29.
berrieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller

The Ace pents shows a relationship where you can not only trust the other person whole heartedly but the relationship has the potential to grow into something very solid and stable. This is a very good sign for getting along with the practical side of life together.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Starling 
Citizen

Aces are gifts. They are all of the good things in their suit. And in a reading always a good sign that things will turn out well.

Pentacles do mean work, but the 9 of Pentacles show a woman alone in a wonderful garden enjoying the fruits of the earth and all of the good things in life, and the 10 shows a multi-generational family doing the same TOGETHER.

In a romantic, relationship spread I'd expect that Ace to be the promise of that multi-generational garden if nothing changes. You didn't get the 10 because it isn't there yet. To get to it you have to work at it, but you are already on the path...If you take the "gift".
Starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
wind 
Citizen

Hello,

thank you all for your insights, this ace makes much sense now!
wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2007 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
satine 
Citizen

I've read through this thread and agree with the thoughts surrounding having the Ace of Pentacles as the "outcome" in a reading about romance. I am wondering though how an interpretation would differ if the Ace of Pentacles represented one of the person's FEELINGS for the other person. Depending on the other cards, of course, I'd be inclined to view this in a very positive way-- potential, obviously... the possibility of establishing something real. Perhaps it's someone who doesn't give away his or her heart right away, but there is a perception of there being some very real possibilities for a solid friendship at least. How else might you guys interpret the Ace of Pents as someone's feelings for the other person?

Thanks.

Old 06-01-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
berrieh 
Citizen

As feelings, I would interpret the Ace of Pents as real feelings that haven't yet been fully expressed (but which most likely -- but not necessarily for sure -- will be expressed in the near future).
berrieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today