Psycards Study Group - 11. Friendship

Master_Margarita

Here is the cheerful image of this card. It reminds me of the 9 of Cups in the Victorian Romantic deck, or, for the old-timers here, like the theme song from "Cheers" ("a place where everybody knows your name").

But there may be trouble in paradise. Is there a romantic triangle? Whose mug is approaching from the left? And what's up with the parrot? It's interesting that Friendship is portrayed in a setting that is very definitely not Home. But then again, our family and are friends are separate groups of people.

:heart: M_M~

.traveller.

I love this card, it so warm and inviting... except for the sinister, all knowing parrot- or is it a macaw?! (jk) We know it hasn't been there long because there is no bird doo on the floor. :p
Seriously though, the bird and the kegs on the wall make me think of pirates, or at least, that time period of trade ships, exotic ports of call and the like.
The direction of the gazes is interesting. The man with the raised mug is either looking at the hidden figure (aka. the floating mug) or the other man at the table. The other seated man has his full attention on the woman, he's even touching her in an intimate way. Her gaze though is on the man with the raised mug, as is the parrot's. And what of the floating mug? We see fingers and the tip of one shoe, does someone want to be part of your inner circle and is waiting for a invite? Could the parrot be another way of saying that the walls have ears?
I'm not sure where I am going with this, except perhaps that the card shows the various ways we bond with one another under the umbrella of friendship.

Master_Margarita

I read an interpretation of this card elsewhere on the web that two of the people on this card are the Mother and the Father. Presumably when they were still dating, since I don't see the kids anywhere.

.traveller.

Master_Margarita said:
I read an interpretation of this card elsewhere on the web that two of the people on this card are the Mother and the Father. Presumably when they were still dating, since I don't see the kids anywhere.

OMG, if they are married then... would that make the Stranger the Babysitter card?!