Storage of Jewelry and Specimens.. how ?

memries

This is a bit unusual I know but is bothering me, nevertheless.

I have three jewelery boxes and drawer for things in boxes and a couple of cookies tins. All full of jewelery. I have one where the necklaces hang but not enough space. My question how the heck can I place them all nicely and be able to see them. I never wear half because I don't know where they are ! Now this is a lifetime collection.. plus I lost a whole thing of stone, crystal necklaces. (I still do not know where that went to) I might say that most are natural stones or crystals, some of value and some not. I am sentimental and remember where each one came from.

Also, I have quite a collection of natural specimens.. I have given a lot away.

I would like to organize it all.. I have looked everywhere for proper storage type things. They are safe as I have them but jumbled.

I have looked at those pieces of furniture that are like a night table but for jewelery but did not buy one as I am not too sure if it would do the trick and there is no place in them for hanging things either.

What do you do ? What do you use ?

Any input would be most welcome. I figured I had hit the bottom when I found myself checking out tackle boxes !!

morticia monroe

I bought a giant tackle box to use as a sewing kit, and it's blissful! Never underestimate them, they're great for rings, brooches, and bracelets. :)

Dressing up in my mother's jewelry is my favorite childhood memory. I'd love to see some of your pieces.

Maybe inside your closet there is an out of the way place where you could run a spring tension rod? It would be great for keeping necklaces in order.

HearthCricket

Some people online have things like those shaker pegs and dangle their pretty necklaces from them in plain sight. It really looks nice to be able to see them and appreciate them all the time. Other might drape them from lampshades or anything with knobs. There are also jewelry boxes (large ones) that have parts where you hang your necklaces so they don't become all tangled and such. I would suggest browsing through some magazines for creative ideas as to how to display them, especially ones you want to keep but don't wear. Give them a higher purpose!

memries

Ok, I will approach a giant tackle box with an open mine Morticia.

Heart Cricket.. you idea about a tension rod is really a good one. I could probably take one cupboard and refigure it to do that. It would probably not take up that much space.

I have been checking out the magazines. What I should do is invent something ~ Where there is a need, etc.

I suppose I could decorate a large tackle box by painting it or doing something to it to make it more attractive.

When I solve the problem I will take some pictures Morticia.

I am going to make a Crystal Water Garden as Crystalsailor suggested.
What I like about it is that will be moving water and not just stagnant and I will have to attend to it, not just ignore it.

lark

My daughter had the same problem with necklaces...so for her birthday this year I found this great thing...it's a picture frame that you hang on the wall it has space for 16 photographs in the frame ..she's a camera nut ..but the best part is it opens and inside there is room for dozens of chains to hang on little hooks....and because it's a picture frame you could hang two, three on the wall enjoy the pictures and have your jewelrey easy access and see it all very easily.
I'm going to go and see if I can find a picture of it on line.

lark

It won't post a link right...
Well anyway it is at www.jcpenny.com
and it's item number~FC138-1156B
If you click "other views" under the picture you can see it open.
and it's on sale...:)

memries

Hello Lark, I cannot get it to work. I get the site. Does it have a name ?

lark

Try...... Photo Collage Jewelry Box

I used the catalog item number ...FC138-1156B and it worked...for me, but it's been a strange computer day today...nothing is working right.

memries

Thanks Lark.. I did get to the picture. I had used 8 instead of B !! I could not see it open but did see the hinges and a better overall picture. I have not ordered it yet but it would certainly take some if not all of the items.
Now I need more wall !! It is very attractive. I would need space for maybe three so am going to think about that some more. Maybe I can rearrange my bedroom a bit.

memries

Duplicate post..deleted.