Kunzite

HearthCricket

Today I got a dream ring (because I love pink!) It is Kunzite, set in sterling silver. I love the soothing colour and cut and especially appreciate its various values, including preventing panic attacks. It is a very calming and peaceful stone! Very pleased!

wumpkie

Now that is rather yummy :D I'm so jealous :D

Enjoy your ring

MCsea

Beautiful!

just beautiful...

:)

HearthCricket

I had my eye on this one the minute they put it out on display (yep I was there!). It fit perfectly and was exactly what I wanted, except I could not afford it at the time and wanted to think it over more. Well, today it was still there, waiting for me. So, I succumbed to the pink of it all! :)

Alta

That's a really nice ring. I have read that Kunzite is especially highly prized in Japan. Not sure why, possibly the colour.

HearthCricket

Marion said:
That's a really nice ring. I have read that Kunzite is especially highly prized in Japan. Not sure why, possibly the colour.

Now that is an interesting tidbit! I know a lot of kimonos are pink and red. Could that be why? Not sure what pink stands for, over there, though. Anyone know?

Briar Rose

Kunzite is a very expensive and rare stone.That is one clear stone you have!!! I have only seen it set in yellow gold. I would be tempted to have it Rhoduim dipped. It's a soft stone HC, so take care when wearing it. It's not an every day stone to wear, unless you wear it to meditate with. Just don't wear it grocery shopping.

Melody's books says it removes obstacles from one's path. And that it facilitator in the physical , emotional and intellectual realm.

We could all use more Kunzite.

HearthCricket

HeavensVault said:
Kunzite is a very expensive and rare stone.That is one clear stone you have!!! I have only seen it set in yellow gold. I would be tempted to have it Rhoduim dipped. It's a soft stone HC, so take care when wearing it. It's not an every day stone to wear, unless you wear it to meditate with. Just don't wear it grocery shopping.

Melody's books says it removes obstacles from one's path. And that it facilitator in the physical , emotional and intellectual realm.

We could all use more Kunzite.

It is very clear and very large. I am tempted to reset it in platinum. They cut it so nicely. I always take my rings off for bed, any housework, baths, you name it! I only plan to wear this when anxious, meditating and to my therapist sessions, and just while reading or watching tv or playing online. I will wear my stronger gems when out doing errands or visiting. I really love this stone. Do you know what it is on the hardness scale, by any chance?

HearthCricket

Just found out it is 6.5 to a 7. Better than an opal, pearl or turqouise, rather equal to emerald, but less than sapphire and rubies. And like they say, a topaz has a hardness of 8, but if you hit one of the planes (which I did on a gorgeous Imperial topaz ring) it breaks quite easily. I will be very careful! :)

Briar Rose

I am a white gold lover. The reason why platinum gets a lot of hipe is because it is stronger, but why would anyone need the strength unless it was for the prongs? And I think platinum has too much of a grayish look to it.

White gold starts off as yellow gold, and then they add zinc, and nickle or platinum to make it a white color. Then they always dip it in rhodium to give it a bright luster. After a while the luster wears off, but only you can tell close up. And if you wear your white gold rings everyday you'll need to have them redipped every 3 to 4 years.

To have your ring rhodium dipped it should be $30.00. If you get quoted more than that I can tell you places that do it for $30.00. You should get it back in 5 days.

And to have that ring set in platinum will cost you about $1200.00+ and it would be better to just buy another ring.

Yours is fine just the way it is though. Very nice stone. Beautiful.

HC, is the table flat on the top? From the picture it looks rose cut. That is a faceted cut without a flat table (on the top).