An Old Reading

Starling

About 10 years ago I did a reading about the situation I had at work. I wrote the cards down and put the note with the cards and basically took one look and didn't do much of anything with it. When you see the cards you will understand why. Recently I took the list, put the cards out and actually read the reading. The spread was incredably accurate about what was going to happen.

I'd love feedback on this spread. I've provided enough background to explain why I think the spread was weirdly accurate, and also why I was afraid of reading it when I first pulled it.

Question: What will be the outcome, for me, in the [Company Name removed] situation (6 months)? I think the reading actually covered more like a year from the time I pulled the cards.

1. 5 of Pentacles - Basis of the Matter
2. The Tower - Crosses the Basis

Well, this pretty much did sum up what was going to happen to the company I was working at. I'm not sure when I pulled the cards, but I think it was when we had our very first layoff, well before any of us knew what was really going to happen. Still there is Poverty and Suffering, and everything blowing up in our faces. And I think I knew that I was living in the beginning of that.

3. Page of Cups - Foundation

I never really did understand this card as the Foundation, but what was I doing at that job? What was the essential of my life? It was literally the best job I ever had. There were no negatives. I was learning. I was very happy. I was growing. And what does a Page do except grow and learn. There was a lot of depth in my emotions as well, and Cups are always emotions.

4. 4 of Pentacles, RX - Recent Past

This is reversed. There had been money difficulties and a fear of additional money difficulties to come. We hadn't been as careful with money as we should have been. In addition the Company hadn't been as careful as it should have been, and this was a question not just about me, but also about what was going to happen to the Company.

5. 2 of Swords - (top) Possible Result

Interesting Possible Result. I comment on the two result cards below.

6. 3 of Cups - Near future

It was true. For a while we all did enjoy ourselves. Basically things went back to OK times for a while and then, even during the early layoffs we partied as people left until they wouldn't let us party on the Company's money. Even after that we continued to go out every time someone left right up until the time I left when we did it on our own dime. And personally things were not that bad in the beginning. All of us seemed to handle things well for a very long time.

7. The Hierophant, Rx - Self

I look at this card, and realize now just how appropriate it was for that time and that place. I knew just how bad things really were and were going to be quite early on, but I was part of what held things together. I provided structure, and calm for everyone around me. And maybe, providing that for everyone else, also provided it for me?

8. The Devil - Others

Well this is appropriate for the Other placement. [Name removed] really was doing evil things, had the ability at the time of the reading to change her ways and remove her "chains" and instead escalated her evil. She truly was both the devil on the card and the person chained by the devil. I have always said that essentially we were innocent victims of someone else's evil. She was so evil she went to Federal prison for 26 years. But truly, even before I began to find the wrongs in the databases the powers that be in the company had to know that there were some very bad things going on that we didn't have the power to do anything about. Which, of course, is why all of the top guys in West Virginia lost their jobs, but didn't go to jail. What they had done was dumb, but not illegal.

9. 10 of Swords - Hopes and Fears

The overkill card, but in this case my Fears were realistic. I don't think I've ever seen this card come up in a place were it was a perfectly accurate depiction of what was going on, or a depiction of a realistic fear. But that is certainly what is going on here. We had built something good. I, personally, and others along with me were going to lose something wonderful and something that we really needed in our lives because of outside influences that were not in our control.

10 3 of Pentacles - Final Result and 2 of Swords - Possible Result

What an interesting Final Result card. But true. In the end I took skills I had mastered and applied them at another job. It took me quite a while to find that other job, it certainly wasn't as good a job as the one I lost, but in the end I built something good out of something pretty awful. And I had that promise early on in this card.

Actually I think both of these results happened. I went through difficult decision processes on my way to the Mastery card. As far as money went, we did pretty well overall. I certainly came out of the Company with a skill set that provided me with a much more interesting job at my last job than the job I originally took there or that they thought they were providing me with when they kept me on after my first boss walked out.

I also think that both of these cards can belong to the [Company name removed] era on their own. Again I went through a period of difficult times and difficult decisions and then took what I had learned with me when it was time to leave. I also chose to leave earlier than I actually had to go. And in the end, that was probably a good thing to do. The 2 of Swords truly does depict my emotional state while I watched us deconstruct the very good thing we had build in the early years at [Company name removed].

AJ

Very interesting, thanks for sharing the time machine. And points out the benefit of recording readings...and believing in the cards. For something like this you could have done readings every day, looking for reassurance.

We see it here all the time, the same people every day asking for help with the same reading they did the day before and the day before that. Bless their hearts, but really...if the cards are read rather than dismissed the answer was there all along. Journal it and look back on it.

edited to add: just curious, was this one of the dot.coms?

Eddie

AJ said:
We see it here all the time, the same people every day asking for help with the same reading they did the day before and the day before that. Bless their hearts, but really...if the cards are read rather than dismissed the answer was there all along. Journal it and look back on it.

This is sooooooooooooo true. Also even when they have the cards read for them, they are sill not listening. I think this proves how emotions can cloud our judgment and the ability to be impartial.
Just had a thought, it could prove interesting if we recorded not only the reading and its meaning in a journal but also how the information made as feel at the time. I wonder how we would then feel looking back in retrospect.

Starling

AJ said:
edited to add: just curious, was this one of the dot.coms?

No. It was a mortgage servicing company. The woman who went to prison embezzled over $500 million and ran the originating company.

We were a sub-servicing company. We knew things were wrong but we didn't have permission to actually mark the bad loans as dead loans. In short, we were innocent of any wrong doing. The federal government also knew something was wrong and began investigating. Once they were sure it wasn't us, they knew were to look for who the real wrong doer was. It took them longer than it might have because they had to dig down a couple of extra layers to find out what was really going on.

By the way, we didn't know about the embezzlement since we weren't involved in that side of the problem.

MeeWah

Starling: Appreciate the courage & time taken to share the experiences.

Particular cards & their numbers--all those 5's including 15-The Devil as 3 times 5; the juxtaposition of the 3's--caught my eye.

Besides a lack of actual resources or financial means, 5-Pentacles to refer to time element since Pentacles the manifest quality. The throw generally strikes as to allude to timing & the 'just desserts'.

Hence, until the details related to a situation more evident, nothing available to actually address. & by then, everything crumbles as in a Tower event.

Thy position remained relatively 'stable' due to thine own awareness (5-Pentacles; 5-The Hierophant-R; 15-The Devil) that much more at work. & at a higher level, too.

Some things already too far along that nothing amenable to a human hand (5-Pentacles). Just a matter of time before a reckoning occureth in consequence (16-The Tower).

Where white-collar crime concerned, too oft the ripple effects not marked until much later because the type of criminal activity (4-Pentacles-R, the distorted 4-The Emperor & general impressions of other cards) lend themselves to the secret manipulations of paperwork & numbers so the books appear balanced (2-Swords, a shade of 2-The High Priestess).

& allay immediate concerns/suspicions regarding the situation (3-Cups; 3-Pentacles).

Given the influences in effect, not much to do but watch & wait (Page-Cups; 2-Swords).

Though indeed the situation worsened (10-Swords) & the nightmarish resulted, good that where the self concerned, things worked out (3-Pentacles; 2-Swords).

Thanks again for sharing the experiences. Based on the personal experiences with readings, the retrospective extremely educational.

memries

That was really an interesting and informative post Starling. In retrospect it gave such an in depth reading. Did you ascertain all this before it happened or just had the overall feel about it ?

Starling

I pulled the cards BEFORE any of it happened. We had had one layoff, but then things calmed down for about a year before the next bit of craziness happened.

It has been almost 10 years since this happened, and I only just "read" the cards. I remembering taking one look at them, freaking, writing a note with the cards and positions and putting the note with just the cards, and no reading into the bag with the cards. Each time I've looked at them since I just returned the note to the bag until this week.

memries

It is amazing how it was all laid out for you. I am glad you read them now.
It is certainly evidence of how the cards can tell you if we have the strength and ability to read and understand them. You must be in awe.

Starling

It was amazing to see it now. But it really was scary. I truly could not face those cards when I pulled them, although I faced the reality well enough when it actually happened.

Not reading those cards was part of my asking myself, "What is divination for?" Because truly, there was literally nothing I could do about that reading to change it. Mostly these days I ask different questions. I ask what do I need to know, or how do I deal with a situation.

Starling

I have just found a short explanation of the situation behind this reading. I didn't work for the National Bank of Keystone, but for a company that was servicing the loans that are described as having been burried. I wondered if anything about this situation was still available online, and found this description of what was going on in West Virginia that underlied my reading about events in California.

See the story here:
http://www.erisk.com/Learning/CaseStudies/FirstNationalBankofKeysto.asp#AFTER

edit

In my search for more information on this situation I discovered that the Federal government is still bringing people to trial in the Keystone matter. None of them are people I knew.