Psycards Study Group Discussion- How do you read the cards?

Pao

Some questions I have:

How do you guys read these?

1. Do you use spreads? I don't

2. If you do not, do you pull 3 cards for instance and read them in order they came out or all together? I sometimes read them in order but others all together

3. Do you use the phrase on the bottom of the card? or jut the image?
I tend to go with the phrase first which limits me a lot. I am trying to get into the image more but the drawings are not that appealing to me so is hard.

4. Do you still use the LWB or is it all intuition? both for me. if I am totally stumped I need to look at the book at the posibilities.

Anything else you would like to add please do so. These are the ones that have been sticking out in my head lately :)

Master_Margarita

1. Do you use spreads? Sometimes. The Hobson book has a bunch of spreads. There is one called the "constellation" or something where you deal all forty cards then look where the Inquirer card is and read outward from there. I've tried that but then decided I had to get more into the cards before I did it again because it was too overwhelming.

The shorter spreads are a little easier. When in doubt I do a thee-card draw and look for the pattern.

2. If you do not, do you pull 3 cards for instance and read them in order they came out or all together? See above.

3. Do you use the phrase on the bottom of the card? or jut the image? I consider the name of the card because the image doesn't always evoke to me the concept that the deck's creator was trying to express.

4. Do you still use the LWB or is it all intuition? I've never even looked at the LWB. I am still using the Hobson book that I bought along with the cards. I don't ever rely solely on the LWB, though.

Pao said:
Anything else you would like to add please do so. These are the ones that have been sticking out in my head lately :)

5. Do you use reversals?No. The Hobson book says the deck was designed without adding additional meaning for reversals (not in those words, but that was the message). This is supposed to be like a simplified tarot, so I'm okay with not using reversals.

6. How much do you refer to tarot knowledge to interpret the cards? I find that I contrast the deck to tarot a lot. But it's like a foreign language. There is one card that seems like all the Knights of the tarot deck rolled into one, so in that way this deck is less subtle than tarot. But it has other cards that don't exist in the tarot deck, so in that way it helps provide more subtlety of meaning.

:heart: M_M~

.traveller.

Pao said:
1. Do you use spreads?
I've tried with and without spreads, and I haven't noticed spreads helping with the reading.

Pao said:
2. If you do not, do you pull 3 cards for instance and read them in order they came out or all together?
I let the cards tell me how they want to be read, so it really depends on the cards that show up.

Pao said:
3. Do you use the phrase on the bottom of the card? or just the image?
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Perhaps it is more likely that I just emphasis different things within a particular reading, not everything comes into play at the same intensity.

Pao said:
4. Do you still use the LWB or is it all intuition?
I do have the Hobson book and I will refer to it from time to time. I use it to jump start my mind when I get stuck on a card, rather than a source for definitions. For example, I pulled the Skills card for my daily and it was showing up in my readings. Reading over the book, along with my own scribbles, lead to a lightbulb moment. See I had part of it, "Put the Tools Down", but reading the book helped me see that the actual message was "Take a Break". The book doesn't say anything like that, but just reading helped me connect the dots.