Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can´t change - spread

Embla

I was thinking about creating a spread synonymous with the prayer:

"God/Goddess grant me the serenity to accept the things I can´t change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

I am imagining it as a four-card spread with the following positions:

Position 1: Serenity - How do I find serenity in this situation?
Position 2: Acceptance - How do I find acceptance of the things I can´t change?
Position 3: Courage - How do I find the courage to change the things I can?
Position 4: Wisdom - How do I find the wisdom to know the difference between 2 and 3?

Any suggestions on how to improve this spread greatly appreciated!

BodhiSeed

Embla,
Thank you for sharing this wonderful spread! I just tried it out, and got some very insightful information from it!
By the way (if you don't mind me asking) are you a friend of Bill W.'s?

Bodhran

ana luisa

That´s such a beautiful spread ! Thank you so much for sharing; it's going to my archives :)

Embla

I´m deeply honored that you liked it! I just tried it on myself aswell and was both reassured and challenged, in just the right way.

bodhran, I am not a friend of Bill W´s eventhough I admire his work greatly, what I know of it atleast. The first time I heard this prayer was in Sinéad O´connors album " I do not want what I haven´t got" where she speaks it at the beginning of the song " Feel so different"!

BodhiSeed

Wonderful spread built around a wonderful prayer! Hats off to you Embla!
~Wanders off to check on Sinéad O´Connor's song~ :)

Bodhran

serenaserendipity

yes, thank you

yes, thank you Gitane

this spread sounds wonderful

serendipity

moderndayruth

Embla, i did the spread with RWS and it was really "straight to the point"!
Thanks for sharing!
Love&Light
mdr

Starling

I have copied this and I intend to try it. What I love about it is that it is open ended and not question driven.

Embla

I have never created a spread before so I am so honored that you find it useful! Warms my heart!

Starling

I did the spread last night and got some amazing cards, and also some surprising ones.

I got the 10 of Cups in the Acceptance position, which I read as a reminder to see the positive side of my situation. And to remember that there are good and joyful things going on that I need to pay attention to. You have to admit that this is an odd card for what is generally a negative position, but it was the perfect card for me at this time.

I got The Hanged Man in the Courage position. I know I need to turn how I am looking at things around and do something about my attitude.

When I pulled two cards to expand on the 10 of Cups (basically how do I get there from here) The Hanged Man came up again along with The Sun.

OK, OK, OK you don't have to hit me over the head. I get it! <grin>

Thanks for the spread. It was exactly what I needed right now.