Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Empress + Death = Someone's opinion of me?!?

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards




 
Furnacechant  Furnacechant is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Mar 2007
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 300
Furnacechant 
Empress + Death = Someone's opinion of me?!?


Apologies if this should go under 'Your Readings', but it seems like we've had discussion of two card combinations before in this forum. I keep having this come up lately, generally in the position of 'what someone thinks of me' and frankly I find it unsettling. Empress is normally a pretty positive card, and I know Death is not always bad, but in this combination, it doesn't feel too comfortable to me...and if I'm making a phenomenally bad impression, I want to know what it is so I can correct. I did draw a third and fourth card, but those vary while this repeats, so I'm thinking Empress and Death is the significant thing. All I can think of is, I must seem very...intimidating?...Or contradictory...( not in an argumentative sense, since I don't do that, but Empress and Death seem in some ways like opposing energies to me)?
Top   #1
Skysteel's Avatar
Skysteel  Skysteel is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Mar 2005
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 588
Skysteel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnacechant
Empress is normally a pretty positive card, and I know Death is not always bad, but in this combination, it doesn't feel too comfortable to me...
Balancing life and death may not feel comfortable, nor sound particularly healthy, but it's ultimately both. Severing ties with ones nurturing figure is a comparable situation.
Top   #2
Furnacechant  Furnacechant is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Mar 2007
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 300
Furnacechant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysteel
Balancing life and death may not feel comfortable, nor sound particularly healthy, but it's ultimately both. Severing ties with ones nurturing figure is a comparable situation.

But..how would that apply when the question is about what someone's opinion of me is, or the kind of impression I'm making? That I seem like I need to grow up?
Top   #3
Skysteel's Avatar
Skysteel  Skysteel is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Mar 2005
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 588
Skysteel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnacechant
But..how would that apply when the question is about what someone's opinion of me is, or the kind of impression I'm making? That I seem like I need to grow up?
Why do you think that?
Top   #4
Furnacechant  Furnacechant is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Mar 2007
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 300
Furnacechant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysteel
Why do you think that?
I suppose because I tend to feel very...inexperienced and awkward in dealing with others...it's the first thing that occurred with that last comment of yours. Also my mother did pass away a few years ago, and I've since felt very lost because I was always rather over-reliant on her advice.
Top   #5
Starling's Avatar
Starling  Starling is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Oct 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 432
Starling 

How about they see you as a very vital adult woman going through a period of transformation?

You might want to do a reading with one or both of the cards pulled out and used as significators to find out what kind of transformation, but from what you said, you are transforming from someone who was a bit too dependent on her mother, to someone who has to go it alone, as all adults do at some point.
Top   #6
Thirteen's Avatar
Thirteen  Thirteen is offline
The Thirteenth Moon
 
Join Date: 17 Sep 2001
Location: Pluto
Posts: 8,760
Thirteen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furnacechant
I suppose because I tend to feel very...inexperienced and awkward in dealing with others...it's the first thing that occurred with that last comment of yours. Also my mother did pass away a few years ago, and I've since felt very lost because I was always rather over-reliant on her advice.
That would seem to answer your question. It might not be a matter of "growing up" so much as "moving on." Death is often about ending your mourning, ending that part of your life and finding the new part. Perhaps this person feels that they can't really know what to feel about you because you're still transforming.

We all go through periods like that. In between times when we haven't quite shed the old self that we were before the "Death," and we haven't found our new "reborn" self. You're still in-between, and this person maybe feels that they want to wait and see what sort of new self you become.
Top   #7
Furnacechant  Furnacechant is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 29 Mar 2007
Location: Utah, USA
Posts: 300
Furnacechant 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen
That would seem to answer your question. It might not be a matter of "growing up" so much as "moving on." Death is often about ending your mourning, ending that part of your life and finding the new part. Perhaps this person feels that they can't really know what to feel about you because you're still transforming.

We all go through periods like that. In between times when we haven't quite shed the old self that we were before the "Death," and we haven't found our new "reborn" self. You're still in-between, and this person maybe feels that they want to wait and see what sort of new self you become.
Thank you. That makes quite a bit of sense with what I feel about myself, actually. I hope I turn out to be worth the wait...
Top   #8
Mellifluous's Avatar
Mellifluous  Mellifluous is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 15 Jan 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 2,314
Mellifluous 

To be honest, I'd think they see you as very feminine and extremely sexy.

I mean, beyond the 'nurturing, mature, caring, good woman going through a period of transformation . . .' that's all that comes to mind.

Stop worrying and have fun!

PS No offence meant by 'very feminine', if you're not a woman! lol
Top   #9
Grizabella's Avatar
Grizabella  Grizabella is offline
Card Reader/Fortune Teller
 
Join Date: 08 Jul 2004
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 23,358
Grizabella 

They find you "drop dead gorgeous" and all woman?

Hey----it was the first thing that came to my mind. Tarot does speak that way sometimes, you know.
Top   #10




 

 


Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.