Dissapointed by the quality of VR cards that come with the kit :(

Frannie

I have my Victorian Romantic for like a month now, I'm totally in love with it, I bought it in a kit set that included the cards and a book. I was so happy when it arrived, but also dissapointed. The quality of the cards is hugely bad, they are so thin and fragile... nothing compared to the quality of cards of my other decks. Is this a fault of the company that made them? Do the cards that doesn't come in a kit (the ones that you buy alone with no book) are better cuality? Have you experienced the same? Just wondering...

Dwaas

The cards feel indeed much thinner and flexibel compared to many other decks. However, the quality of my deck is very good! I think I read somewhere they have a special carbon layer in them which makes them stronger than they appear at first shuffle. :)

ZenMusic

I agree that the cards are thinner than usual, but they are equally as strong, and have held to my constant use well, no signs of wear at all

Sulis

These cards get better and better the more you shuffle them.

As Dwaas has said, they have a layer of carbon in them as playing cards used to. This means that the cards can be very thin but will be very strong.

I personally would prefer them to be just a bit thicker but trust me, the more you shuffle them, the more you will love this cardstock. It ends up with a silky feel.

Sophie

All MR cards are of playing card quality - they last and last. Their thinness has absolutely nothing to do with poor quality - and are certainly not a sign of flimsiness (think of it as silk: a fine but very strong material) - the carbon layer keeps them in good trim. Of course, like any cards, you need to care for them. But I've had several of their decks for yonks, and use them a lot, and they are still going strong, including my beloved Fantastic Menagerie.

Baroli

Hi Frannie,

It's just a different card stock. It does have a flimsy feel, but don't let that fool you. The more you shuffle the better they are. One of my favorite decks. Totally agree with Sulis.

Baroli

6 Haunted Days

I had the same complaint and disappointment when I got my VR. Others told me what they're telling you and they were right, and then some!!

It wears just beautifully, more so than any other cards I own. They get a silky sensual feel to them, like the cards conform to your hands and are uniquely yours. They wear excellently. Just shuffle away and you'll see.

Grizabella

Yep, what they said! I have both the VR regular and the VR Gold. Also the Fairytale and I want the Fantastic Menagerie set someday. Excellent cardstock that wears and wears. After using it for awhile, your other cards will feel like trying to shuffle floor tiles in comparison. :)

Frannie

Oh my, I'm so happy after reading everybody's replies! Now I am EXTREMELY happy with my cards, knowing that they "look" fragile but aren't really, to not be fooled by appearances. I feel reliefed and very happy!! Thank's to everybody :)

Grizabella

You're very welcome! Enjoy your VR! :D