Will

Lleminawc

Just reading Ursula Le Guin's Wizard of Earthsea and I came across this passage which gave me pause for thought:

You thought, as a boy, that a mage is one who can do anything.So I thought, once. So did we all. And the truth is that as a man's [sic] power grows and his knowledge widens, ever the way he can follow grows narrower; until at last he chooses nothing, but does only and wholly what he must do ...

Aeon418

Thou hast no right but to do thy will. ;)
The deeper you move into the Work, the more your choices reflect your True Will rather than the (subject to much distortion) personality "wants." In my experience, the more deeply you are in alignment with your True Will, the less likely your personality will make choices that are at odds with it.

You have infinite power to follow the path of True Will and to have everything necessary for that - the universe (i.e., Nuit) provides everything needed. But you don't necessarily have any power at all to do anything at odds with your True Will.

Crowley pointed out that by the time he became a Magus 9=2 A.'.A.'., there was almost nothing at all that he could do anymore except the ONE THING that was his to do - this aside from the fact that, years earlier as a G.D. 6=5 (roughly equivalent to A.'.A.'. 2=9 or a little higher) he could do miracles almost on demand. The difference is that, as the whole of his manifest being became more tightly aligned with the central pulse or stream of his being, there was no power "leaking" into other things.

James Eshelman ~ T.O.T.

Lleminawc

Later in the book she distinguishes between the central character's "wish" (to have quiet life) and his "will". Made me wonder if she had any Thelemite tendencies ...