Gothic Tarot of the Vampires

desertreader

I just got it today! It is incredible. Dark, bloody, violence, engrossing. I like it! Just creepy enough, dark enough for my present state. Stimulating enough for reading for myself. I don't know if I'll ever use this deck for a client but you never know.

Reminds me of vampires before Buffy.

Anybody else have it? Any thoughts?

IndigoWonders

Who's the author? It doesn't sound like you're talking about the Vargo deck.

desertreader

It's a Lo Scarabeo deck. by Riccardo Minetti, artwork by Emiliano Mammucari - italian comic book artist.

6 Haunted Days

I thought this deck was pretty silly. Very "Hot Topic Goth" type art, something those HS goths would like. It just looked so overdone to me....and smarmy.

desertreader

6 Haunted Days said:
I thought this deck was pretty silly. Very "Hot Topic Goth" type art, something those HS goths would like. It just looked so overdone to me....and smarmy.

Ouch! I don't even know what 'Hot Topic Goth' is or even what 'HS goth' are. Are they like those emos?

And well, call me smarmy if you want...:)

I thought it was more like the anime art I've been seeing. Not a big fan of it - anime that is - but don't hate it. While I do admit I have some issues with some of the interpretations in the LWB, now that I've had some time to look at it I like it even more. It evokes the energies I've been working with, my mood.

Yup, it's a keeper...

raventepes

I fully agree with 6HD, which is the same reason I DON'T have the deck. One thing that I've noticed is that she and I have simmilar tastes in tarots, and seem to have simmilar opinions on them.

*shrugs*

Little Hare

I used to have this deck... traded it away for something else, that being said i do love the artwork! and it appeals to the insane comic book geek that resides in me, its a shame that more people don't give this deck a chance because I found that it did have alot to say... II was silly enough to trade it away when i was 16 because someone told me a dark deck would attract dark spirits LOL! Once that seed was planted in my head i had to get rid of the deck...

Ahhhhhhhhh for being older and wiser ;) Enjoy your deck, its great to here it spoken of with such passion

Blessings
P_P

annik

I do have this deck. I go to it when I have a dark topic and isn't using the Vargo. I feel there is a different energy between the two decks and it is a good thing (for me at least). Both deck have a appeal to me. The Vargo seems a little bit more etheral and asthetic while the gothic vampire is more energetic, bloody and more raw.

Vesper

I kind of like the graphic novel style art. It was on my wishlist for a while, and it might come back. You can say what you like about the images: smarmy, goth-cliche, what have you, but you can't deny they are energetic and dramatic and they move. No little posing fairies or static portraits here.

Yurikome

Oh I love it, it's my absolute favourite. I have it resting next to me right now, actually. Having both vampires and humans in the pictures helps you gain perspective, I think. Which figure in the card do you identify with? Regardless which one it is, there's another dimension to it still - are you satisfied with this identity or do you envy the other side? Very rich and lots of action in the cards, I especially like that. It's a "show, don't tell" kind of deck. Lots of situations to ponder upon from both the mortal and immortal point of view.

I trimmed mine not too long after getting it, first leaving just the tops with the numbers and signs, then cutting those off as well. Some black marker around the edges and it's properly dark now. And I still can't believe the things I didn't notice in the pictures before I did it!

I hope you'll enjoy using it as much as I do :)