decks that would be good for a 12-yr-old girl?

Zendrin

There's always the GummiBear Tarot. RWS clone with a lighthearted, "cute" feel. Still similar enough though to be effective, at least for me. *shrug* Baroque Bohemian Cats is also a good one.

easyboy82

Zendrin said:
There's always the GummiBear Tarot. RWS clone with a lighthearted, "cute" feel.

The Gummybear tarot is one of my favourite decks ...I didn't suggest it in my previous post because I thought that generally teens hate things that could seem too childish, so I think to it more as a deck for adults with a child-like heart^^
But if she happens to like it, it would be a very good choice: it's identical to a Rider-Waite but with little bears instead of human people and it comes in a nice tin, it is of a convenient pocket size..and the lwb is one of the best I've ever seen..funny and full of wisdom!

phoenixblu

i would say fey, venessa, mythic (i love this)..... go to taroteca and look through all the full decks :)

Disa

If she likes Manga, the Fenestra might be an option. The characters are sort of drawn the same way.

Disa

inanna_tarot

Hmm if you are worried about nudity and unsure of art styles etc but want to keep it to the RWS - I suggest the International Icon tarot. All the symbols and bright colours.. and i'm lusting after it majorly as I'm not allowed my copy till thursday (as I asked for it for a valentines prezzie hehe).

But my mum bought me decks when I first started out and tbh, I have them and read with them because of the sentimental value not for how they were the deck for me. I had nice fancy decks, but I just kept using a £5 cheapie deck from a pack because although I could learn about those decks (I was given the Mythic, the Witches tarot etc) and read the books that go with them etc, it was the cheapie deck I could READ with.

satine

Star-Willow said:
My pick would be the Hanson Roberts too...... my 17 yr old has the manga aswell and at first she wasn't too fussed with it but now she really enjoys it.... perhaps in time your daughter may get to liking it :)

Oh, just to clarify, she really does love the Manga a lot, but she is still so new to tarot that she gets frustrated by the minors, since there are no pictures to help. She hasn't really memorized any meanings, and I've encouraged her to just use her intuition at this point, if she likes... So, I feel sure that after she works with a couple other decks for a while, she will like the Manga deck even more. :)

HearthCricket

Mystic Faerie <~~~My first choice for her
Hanson Roberts
Halloween
Morgan Greer
Aquarian
Gilded
Fey

firefrost

Tarot of the Cat People was a favourite for mine at that age.

gorgeousbutterfly

tarot of the mermaids.

Little Hare

Ask her! Let her browse some cards here on AT. Everyone is so different and i know i would have loathed getting a hanson-roberts at 12 *yeck*....I was one of those 12 year olds that was grown up waaaaaaaaaaay before her time (and used to drive everyone crazy)...

So when in doubt make it a fun shopping expedititon

:heart:

Let us know how you go!