Help Wanted for Music themed Tarot

Vladaria

A friend of mine Sally is a talented singer and would love a music themed deck. I know about the Rock and Roll tarot but it's not quite her thing...
She's very mystical and clairvoyant and has an affinity for wolves, native american indians etc.
She's also a talented medium... can anyone suggest a Tarot Deck that would be perfect for her??

Thank you for any help you can give
Blessings
Vladaria x

Hemera

Oh I wish there would be such a deck.. I´d have one (or probably several copies,too :D )
I have been looking for a deck with a music theme for ages (other than rock and roll!)

Cheryl Richardson´s Self Care Cards is an oracle deck with some very nice music cards,though (a few cards with violins, a cello, a few piano cards..)

Alidastore has a deck with some composers and such stuff on them, but the deck looks rather boring and uninspiring to me...

HearthCricket

Well, you could always try and find this deck:

Tarocco della Musica (look at Tarot Garden)

And maybe ask them if they know where to find it. Other than that, listing her interests tells me you may have better luck purchasing, for example, a mulit cultured or Native American deck where some pictures contain musical instruments of that culture, and then purchase a nice soothing CD to play in the background while she is using the. Just another thought!

Vladaria

Thanks for the ideas - looks like I might have to make her a deck
(or at least the majors) could be in time for Christmas...

I'm thinking of having a song for the theme of each card.
E.g. The Fool - Beatles, Fool on the Hill, fool going up a hill eyes on the horizon withthe sunrise (or is it the sunset) beckoning..
The Magician - Queen, It's a Kind of Magic freddy mercury style
magician with blue frock coat outfit. I'm sure there are possibilities there..

Can anyone else think of any?

Mary Fire Queen

:D If you make that deck, make 2, I would buy a copy!

I am a singer, I love both opera AND rock and roll. I love the Beatles and Queen a whole lot, so you mentioning those two as examples just made me think "if she made that deck, I would want it." To show just how much I love Queen, I even named my betta fish Freddie Mercury!!!!

Vladaria

OK - I might start a new thread on the make your own tarot section,
it will be interesting to get other peoples song ideas....

Owl Song

If unable to locate a music themed deck, you might consider one of Lisa Hunt's decks. Her artwork is very magical and mystical. She has 4 decks:

Celtic Dragon Tarot
Shapeshifter Tarot
Animals Divine Tarot
Fantastical Creatures Tarot

If she's new to Tarot, I'd suggest Animals Divine. It's probably the most accessible and comes as a kit, with a book.

Quester

I would love a music themed deck too!...I am not a musician, but used to write lyrics for songs so the interest is there! Hope you find one..and if you do..please..please..please let us know!!