identifying a tarot deck

vhrsn

`Hi everyone,
I have an author of a deck, but don't know what it's claled! It's by Elizabeth Travelian, it was a deck a tarot reader in england used, by the name of Shirly Davey in I believe west sussics.
All the best,
Veronica

vhrsn

crystal tarot

Hi Rubby,
Thanks very much! Do you have that deck? Let me know!
All the best,
Veronica

Le Fanu

The Crystal Tarot is such a beautiful deck. It has an aesthetic which is modelled on the Liberty fabric aesthetic, with a touch of Gustav Klimt, lots of florid surface detail. I have quite traditional tastes in tarot (but feel that changing...) and I find this tarot one of the most beautiful of recent (1995; maybe not so recent!) years. The idea is to duplicate the effects of stained glass, but as a deck I find it so absorbing, it really pulls you in, and despite all the surface detail, I don´t find it at all overly "busy". It has non-scenic pips, which doesnt bother me particularly, but might dissuade some...

However (here comes the but...) I just wish it was published in a larger edition. If it were Thoth-size and without borders it would be such a wonderfully rich and sensuous deck to use. I have it but havent used it yet, though I frequently get it out and pore over the colours. Its published by Lo Scarabeo, and hence has all those subtitles, which clutters things up somewhat. This is a deck I often think of trimming down, but even if I did, it would be a kind of mini-deck as the cards aren´t so big.

Well worth looking closely at. Quite Kaleidoscopic...