gilded tarot-anybody know if its made in china?

gorgeousbutterfly

i opened a new deck of gilded and felt very ill ever since, the scent gave me a horrible headache. anybody know?

Alta

Did you look carefully at the box? It likely says somewhere, you have to check all the sides.

karen0205

As far as I can tell the Gilded is published by Llewellyn in the US. I can't imagine they would outsource for one deck. Are you sure it's not a knock off? that might have been published elsewhere? I didn't notice any odor with mine but that doesn't mean anything. They can all be different.

karen

raventepes

Might just want t ask Ciro himself. He'd know

gorgeousbutterfly

ok printed in the usa. i bet it has illegal ink on it. it made me so ill. :( this is the fourth time i opened a new deck and got sick from the scent of the deck.

karen0205

Were all the decks that made you ill from the same publisher?

cirom

The Gilded has been published outside of the U.S. when it has been produced in a foreign languages. e.g Czech and Russian, but as far as I'm aware the English version is still printed here in the U.S.

The odor you're referring to is presumably the ink, which might suggest that it has recently been printed (a reprint) as opposed to a copy that has been sitting around for a while in a warehouse. Having said that if you have had similar experiences with other decks and if those other decks are also published by Llewellyn then you simply may be very sensitive to the inks used by their particular printer???
Either way I'm sure, just like a new car smell, it will dissipate in time, but meanwhile you could try putting the cards overnight in a bag with some scented pot pourri, that may help.

gorgeousbutterfly

karen0205 said:
Were all the decks that made you ill from the same publisher?

every us games deck i bought made me ill. i had a horrible headache.

HearthCricket

It sounds like you are going to have a difficult time with tarot decks. The lamination on some USG decks are heavy, like the Radiant Rider Waite, but I have no problems with most of the other decks. And the Gilded is by Llewellyn, so that is a completely different publisher. Do any decks by LS or Magic Realist Press bother you? Are you allergic to other things? My husband is allergic to certain inks. It never fails that he sneezes while reading the newspaper! I would say put them in a ziplock bag with some incense, but not sure how you would handle the incense, either.

Miss Divine

My Gilded didn't really smell at all. My Radiant did terribly though! Just like HearthCricket said, the heavy lamination. I put incense in the bag I stored my cards in, buy ya know what...the smell stayed for months and months. I burn alot of Nag Champa incense so every now and then I'd run the cards one by one through the incense smoke. It was unbelievable every time I thought the stinkiness would be gone, it came back!

Well I just stuck my nose in the bag where I keep my Radiant in...and guess what!?
I CAN STILL SMELL IT!! LOL
But not like in the beginning, far from it.