Minchiate instructions...

Le Fanu

I found the Scarabeo Minchiate Florentina deck a year or so ago on a flea market, good condition etc, but without instructions. Its a deck which fascinates me and I have read the threads on here about it.

However, as I dont have instructions, and because of its quirks, Ive never been able to really get to grips with it. I was thinking of buying the Brian Williams book, but it seems that the book comes with deck, and from what Ive seen, Im not too keen on the re-illustrated, "new" version, and much prefer the 18th century version. My question is, to those of you who have the book, could I use it with my Scarabeo deck? Is it a good read? (Ive read the review here, on AT, but wondered what others think)

Also, as I said Im not too keen on the Williams´cards, anyone care to convince me that close up theyre actually quite nice to read with?

firecatpickles

I highly recommend the Williams set. The $32 or so is worth the book alone. You "get" a deck of cards to go along with it.

Aerin

I agree. The set is worth it for the book alone.

The cards are simple and clean. They are attractive but in a very different way to the old cards, it is interesting to compare them one at a time.

But the book is the main thing. And yes, IMO it can be used with any Minchiate deck.

Aerin