Symbolon Group

Astraea

Archives

Rusty Neon, as far as I know, one does need to be a subscriber in order to have access to the archives.

heron

Symbolon group resurrection, anyone?

It's August 2009 & I just got Symbolon. Is anyone out there interested in talking about the deck?
~ Charles/heron

SpiritOfTheDogz

heron said:
It's August 2009 & I just got Symbolon. Is anyone out there interested in talking about the deck?
~ Charles/heron

Me too

heron

So many decks, so little time

I sent for Symbolon, thinking it was a Tarot deck, on the strength of the pictures in the AT review - especially the one that looks like the Lovers but with her locked into a gilded cage. "Aha", I thought, "this is a deck with a new slant on some of the images". Then it arrives and I see it is not only NOT Tarot but has a whole weirdish system of its own that it looks as if I'm going to have to learn if I am to make much sensible use of it (yes, I know people say "just ignore the LWB and read the cards intuitively." that IS my normal MO with weird decks, but I still feel I ought to at least pay the designer/author of the deck the respect due for inventung a system - so I now have several decks that are waiting for me to find the time so study what they are supposed to do: Haindl, Metamorphosis, III Millennium, Vacchetta, Dame Fortune's Wheel...)

SpiritOfTheDogz said:

I'd love to be able to talk over this deck at some point, but I really can't get my head round it at the moment.

What's your situation?

SpiritOfTheDogz

I first noticed this deck about 18 months ago when I joined AT, but I could never find it cheap enough so never bought it. It is one of the very first decks I thought "yes, I must have".
Having now got it I'm not sure what my feelings are. It seems to be saying that it wants reading intuitively but with some cards I just can't tell what they're trying to tell me. This is something that I think will change though, given time, I think they'll only talk to me as I use them more and more.
There are a lot of positives with this deck, but also a lot of negatives, and the very first thing i noticed was how thin the card stock is, which for the price I'm very dissapounted with. On the otherhand, does that really matter, as long as they last well. It is nice to have a set of cards that doesn't have anything written on them, for me this is a very big plus and gives me plenty of incentive to work with these, for a few weeks at least to see how it goes.

I have done a handful of readings with them and they do seem to be very honest and straight to the point, just down my street in this respect.

Paul

Aulruna

Moderator note

The index thread for the Symbolon group is here.

No idea how you dug up this old thread here ;) (from 2003!!!)

I will lock this now, and you can go play with the other threads - they are active and not archived.

If you open new threads for the Study group, please link to them in the index thread. Thanks and have fun!