Art Nouveau Tarot

felinefriend

Who likes and uses this deck?

I'm not getting any new decks for some time (I swear) but my heart went pitter patter when I saw this deck.

Once i'm comfortable reading full spreads, I may get this deck because it's calling out to me as a relationship deck.

They even have a mini version- which makes moi very, very happy.

AJ

There are a couple by this name, which one do you mean? Can you find it in AT's deck list and post a link.
Otherwise we need a publisher and author.

There is one going for free in the Games forum, you only need to tell Frannie just where she put it :) Good exercise for you if it is the one you want.

edited to add the link
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=94355

felinefriend

It's the one by Lo Scarabeo.

I looked at the cards, and they're not as heavy on the symbolism, so I'll wait until I'm more familiar with the meanings to get this one, but I was wondering if anyone likes it and uses it.

AJ

This one?
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/art-nouveau/index.shtml
If you can read decks by just looking at figures you'd probably be better and longer served by a Marseilles.

My 2 cents is if you see all the cards in this deck you won't want it much. It is more a deck about the artist who drew it and much less about tarot.

felinefriend

Thanks AJ, I've been reading the reviews and a lot of ppl say it'snot much of a reading deck :(

I think I may get it and trim the cards to use in my collages because it's so pretty, unless that's a really disrespectful thing to do to the cards,

AJ

not disrespectful at all, a good use for a pretty deck. If you pay for something it is yours to do with as you wish.

6 Haunted Days

This is a stunning deck, but a very hard read for most......even experienced readers!

I have it and love to look through the cards...soooo pretty. But I never read with it. The same artist did a Lenormand deck in this style, it's stunning and entirely readable! I believe he also did the Sorcerers Tarot.

Check out Death and the Devil....these are my aboslute favourites!!

Queen of Disks

The Majors are fine. No problem there. The Minors are practically the EXACT same half naked female figure sitting down OVER and OVER again. (I had this deck and sold it.) :mad: Unreadable, basically.

I have the Sorcerer's and it didn't do anything for me either.

Sinduction

May I just say that we are all different readers. What works for some people may not work for you.

I just ordered this deck and am anxiously awaiting it. But my deck preferences are quite different than everyone else's it seems.

If you are drawn to the deck and want to have it then get it. Wait until you try to read with it before you decide it is unreadable for you.

I personally can read with any deck. But I hate the art work of some or I don't like how they feel in my hands, etc. Decks such as the Victoria Romantic and the Hanson Robert, even the Greenwood... I think are hideous. It's all about your own individual taste.

But I agree with you, the deck is beautiful.

moderndayruth

felinefriend said:
Who likes and uses this deck?
They even have a mini version- which makes moi very, very happy.

Felinefriend, thank you for reminding me of this deck. I like the artwork a lot, and i think it's worth collecting. I don't really mind if it's 'readable' - i have enough decks that i read, so it's not so important for me ;)