Displaying Spheres

Rede Seeker

How do you-all display your spheres? My smaller spheres (2+ inches) do well with the clear plastic rings that most dealers carry. But my larger spheres seem 'offended' by them. There is also the problem of finding sphere stands sturdy enough to carry the weight of the larger spheres with a broad enough base for the display to be stable (not easy to knock over).

One day I was trawling through the aisles at a craft supply store and saw something called a 'jar candle lid'. It was designed to provide a decorative top to jar candles while providing protection from drafts. There were three basic patterns and each had an open space in the center that supported my 3-inch spheres. Not only were these jar candle list aesthetically pleasing and sturdy, they were also very inexpensive.

I don't have photo capability, so I can't send a picture of my spheres and stands.

LeaRoseQuartz

I use large hair scruncies to set my larger spheres on. They look cute and they can't roll off. You can get large wood sphere stands on the internet for cheap. Also, you could try using napkin rings.

Furnacechant

I'm a sculptor, so I make clay figurines of coiling dragons or gargoyles, etc, to hold them.

flicker

I dont have any stands for mine they sit wraped in a cloth. I have used scented cushions pot pourri as they are small.

Gaby

I use little plain agate rings, or silver rings with stones I', not using. I'm holding a beautiful quartz ball with a silver ring with three moonstones. Another balls have rings with labradorite, citrine, iolite, etc. They look great, and work perfectly!

Rede Seeker

My Creative Juices were bubbling...

Thanks for sharing what you-all use. I was at the craft store this weekend and saw all kinds of possibilities...now I need more spheres.