Aquarian: The Lovers

Queen of Disks

This is one of my favorite cards in the whole deck. The Card shows the man and the woman are simply standing there, with flowers in the background. The clothing of the people seem to make the whole thing. The man wears very colorful and elaborate robes, with lots of Art Deco geometric patterns and a geometric headress. The woman is almost out of the card altogether. You only see her face and her hair and a fancy Art Deco tiara that she is wearing. Yet her hair seems to be attached to his clothes. They seemed to attached to each other (for obvious reasons.)

There is a panel with a geometric floral pattern on the bottom right corner on the card. I think it's just part of the design of the "Lovers" caption at the bottom of the card. This card is gorgeous, and to me it almost has a Japanese flavor to it.

Thoughts?

karenquilter

Yeah, it's a gorgeous card. I like it a lot.

The LWB says: Conflict between different attractions and the necessity of choice which means responsibility. Beauty, inner harmony. REVERSE: Quarrels, frustration of romance or marriage; failure.

MariposAzl

Things I like about this card:

*How it looks like it's a framed picture on the card, brings to mind the saying "picture perfect"
*How everything in the card looks intertwined like they all flow together
*The emotion emenating from the card from them gazing into each other's eyes as if nothing else in the world matters or exists at this moment in time

Things I don't like about this card:

*How he's smack dab in the center, as if he's over powering her (could be a sign of protection though, now that I think about it...hmm)
*How he's smack dab in the center as if he's over powering her as if he's controlling her or has her mezmerized, she's under his spell (or something)

-I know I said that last one twice but I was thinking as I typed and it made me think twice...:p

Katarche

I've always liked the look of the Aquarian, it's just not one I ever had much success trying to read.

In case you're not aware, there is a book written for it called "The Windows of Tarot" though I don't know how available it is any more. It has a black and white illustration of each card along with a quite extensive description. The description covers the patterns of the past, crystallization or the future and the symbolism depicted in each card To give an idea, this is what it says for the Lovers:

~*~*~*~*~*~

The Lovers - VI

Description - A male figure, decorated exquisitely with all manner of intricate designs, addresses a woman whose headdress is similarly ornate. They are so intent upon each other that they seem oblivious of all else. Behind the man, grow several flowering rods. Below the woman, in a frame, a delicate plant of ordered forms grows from a mountain range of angular peaks.

A.C. - Gemini

Meaning - Subconciousness. This is the culmination of the human experience, the spiritual union of the sexes and the completion that results therefrom.

Again, this is just a concept and in reality it is impossible for the members of such a union to understand or appreciate the true nature of their situation since they are so inextricably caught in the web of its own enchantment. However, the Tarot by taking us out of the situation to observe it through the windows of symbolism offers an understanding of what such a union actually signifies and its importance. The position of the sixth card is as the sixth day upon which God created man and, from his rib, a helpmeet to accompany him and be a constant reflection and reminder of his true and immutable nature.

This card is also a symbol of human love in its highest form.

"The Windows of Tarot"
by F.D. Graves
ISBN 0-87100-027-X

(A.C. stands for astrological correspondence)

~*~*~*~*~*~

Good pick up on the fact that he's central and she's off to one side. I think this tries to illustrate the sixth day/sixth card correspondence.

Hope this helps...