Crowley's Hymns

Ligator

Crowley tossed around with satanic and luciferian metaphors and concepts quite often. But the reason was not to create something evil.

For me is Crowley satanist in the same sense, and just as much as, the devil card in the tarot is "satanic". I.e. not evil, not traditionally satanic, in the way Christian fundamentalists would say.

Look at the Devil card: The most important lesson the Devil teaches you is that you can free yourself from whatever restrictions are holding you back, at any time you choose to. To use energies that you hold back due to "moral" considerations or traditions.

Crowley simply had the same ideas in mind, I believe!

Thus luciferian!

/T

frelkins

Say what you like about Crowley but that really bad imitation Tennyson stuff he wrote is truly cringe-worthy. When it doesn't cause you to laugh out loud. Jes' my two cents. :) There may be positive aspects to Crowley, and I respect that you all here like him, but please don't try to claim his doggerel among them! :D

chriske

AC no poet?

Got to agree over AC's poetry fixation. Not his finest hour. However, for those interested, there is the unpublished "Book Of Oaths". A typescript is available at a price ...