Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Vivian 
Citizen

how "romantic" does the Emperor feel?

(Sorry I guess this should be posted under "Your readings"; could someone transfer the thread there, I am not sure how to do it).

Ok, I am doing this for a female friend of mine, as a practice.

She wants to know how her fiance will feel about her after they get married, in the long term sense.

And here are the cards:

Emperor, 8 of pentacles, 10 of Pentacles

Well, to me this clearly indicates that he would feel that he is her husband and head of the household (Emperor), and he feels committed to her (8 of pentacles), and they enjoy family security and stability.

But she is more concerned about how romantic he would feel about her. And since 10 of pentacles, unlike 10 of cups, is more of a card about financial security and conventional values, I am not sure if he would feel romantically towards her.

Does the Emperor have any romantic feelings? How does the Emperor feel besides feeling protective of the family?

Last edited by Vivian; 12-03-2008 at 06:54.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
star-lover 
Citizen

Emperor, 8 of pentacles, 10 of Pentacles

well i think he will love playing the role of protector and provider

8 of pentacles too is a card of total dedication

what can be more romantic than that sometimes
for lots of men thats what makes them feel good - providing and protecting and how they prove their love

get an ace of wands in the mix and a nice cups card and its perfect - its not all financial and security driven
star-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Promise 
Citizen

To me, The Emperor always seemed to think of romance as secondary, farther down on the totem pole, more of a privilege than a necessity.

If it were ME reading that same set of cards, I think I would interpret it as her husband being devoted to his role as provider and protector, and that he may need reminding that that isn't all his vows entailed. Many men have trouble displaying emotion outright, so they often choose to focus that into more "Emperor" actions, ie money, stability, security.

I'm sure The Empress has spent many long hours smacking The Empress and trying to get him to put the checkbook down and come to bed!

Jamie Paolinetti
Promise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

What's Romance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian
But she is more concerned about how romantic he would feel about her. And since 10 of pentacles, unlike 10 of cups, is more of a card about financial security and conventional values, I am not sure if he would feel romantically towards her.
The question here is a matter of how she defines romance. The Emperor, if defined as Aries, can be passionate. But if she's expecting flowers and chocolates and candle lit dinners, she's going to be disappointed. As Star-Lover points out, a man who takes charge, protects and provides may seem to some as "romantic" and most especially may seem so to himself as he is expressing his love in the most masculine and far-sighted way possible. But a woman who yearns for the sensitive guy who reads her poetry or flies her to Paris for an impromptu vacation may find such things decidedly unromantic.

I think you've read this spread quite clearly and you shouldn't try to sugar-coat it. Tell her that if she wants a very romantic husband who will woo her nightly in bed and present her with surprise gifts of jewelry and such well, she'd gonna have to find another guy. This is not THIS guy's idea of what his role in this marriage is all about or how he can best show his love to his wife. This man is about working hard, investing well, and making sure they can retire and be at ease in their later years.

I happen to think he's got a very realistic view of marriage and it sounds to me as if your girl does not. But I also admit that such a guy may be the sort who is so practical and focused on running things right that he starves the marriage of all romance and fun. He needs to know, from his wife-to-be, that she needs him to show her, now and then, his love with romantic gestures like a dozen roses. That just earning that bonus at work is not going to be enough.

I'd tell this girl to hold put off the wedding date until she and her fiance have had a good long talk about what she needs romantically from him--and until she's willing to lower her expectations of romance in marriage to a level that is more realistic if marrying THIS particular man. She is not going to turn him into Romeo, but it looks like he's willing to try his hardest to make her happy. She, in turn, has to try her hardest to love him for what he is, and see what he is as romantic, not hope to turn him into some dream husband that doesn't and may never exist.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Vivian 
Citizen

I think what my friend means "romantic" is what is expressed in King of Cups. Not "Romantic" outwardly, but I think Loving, or feeling emotionally towards her is more accurate description.

So I should rephrase the question, How loving will the Emperor feel toward his wife? Will he feel to be "in love" ? I mean, he doesn't have to show it, but will he have such feeling in his heart towards his wife? Or is he all about money making and maintaining financial security for the family?

Last edited by Vivian; 12-03-2008 at 07:38.
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian
So I should rephrase the question, How loving will the Emperor feel toward his wife? Will he feel to be "in love" ? I mean, he doesn't have to show it, but will he have such feeling in his heart towards his wife?
I understand your question, but it's impossible to honestly say if the Emperor feels "Love" or just passion. The Emperor is not a lover. He's a ruler who sees the big picture and tries to manage things out of a passion to control and make the world better. We can see from the cards that this guy will be devoted to his family as an Emperor over his Empire. Does this mean he'll "love them?" What is love by this woman's definition?

More to the point, if this woman isn't sure of this man's love now, why marry him? And if he does love her now, why worry that he won't after marriage? In the long term sense, he will feel a passionate need to take care of them. Make a fortune for them so they can live happily ever after. That's the best you can say about what he will feel and want in the long term. It's up to her to decide if that's love.

Readers often want to tell their querents what they want to hear. You've done the reading, and I think you know the answer. This guy is not going to be a sensitive, emotional, loving, mushy sort of husband. That's just not going to be him. If she doesn't already know that, she needs to know it. And accept it, as it will come out in the long term.

Last edited by Thirteen; 12-03-2008 at 07:57.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today