Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

afrosaxon

Silverlotus said:
And no more slips, until my Gaian arrives. ;)

I got the Gaian today, as part of an exchange.

Oh. My. GAWD.

I flipped through it to check for completeness...

and stroked the deck...("my preciousssss...")

and stroked the lovely bag in which it was enclosed...

and sniffed the heavenly little bag of herbs that came with the deck...

and flipped quickly through the not-so-LWB...

and put it away with a heavy sigh. :D

Can't wait to read with it!

Alas, I have not done that great with my IDS lately. I did a mind/body/spirit draw yesterday (no Strength rx for "Spirit"! :D), but didn't journal for my 2 Petro [2 of Wands] card because I was working on an editing project. And today, I did errands and didnt' do a M/B/S draw. Tonight, I am determined to journal for the 2 Petro and 1 Petro [Ace of Wands] cards.

*sigh*

T.

blackroseivy

Aw, hope you get things going on track again, AS!

I have finished my journal on the Majors, & have posted my observations. ;)

Silverlotus

I wish you well, Alamaris. And I look forward to your return, when you are ready.

Disa

I wish you well, too Alamaris. Take care of yourself and see you soon.
-----------------

Well, as far as IDS goes, I didn't handle or look at my cards much last week. I'm sorry to say that I didn't accomplish much at all last week other than the routine life things we all have to do. But, today my mother came over and said, "hey I have a couple of questions, will you do some more readings for me?" I was so happy! Because... that must mean that the ones I did for her last week were okay? Yippeee face to face readings that worked. I did two for her today and they both went well. Now- you may think that since it's my mom they don't count, but- these were readings about things in her life I don't know about.

I got to experience for myself what all the readers who talk about having a dialog with their sitters mean. I wasn't nervous, and I just trusted what I got. It was pretty cool. For one reading we made the spread up ourselves- she had 3 choices and we decided what questions she wanted to know about each choice and put them all together in one spread. I really learned a lot today. :) I even got a pretty funny group of psychic flashes and I had to say- I have NO idea where that came from, it will be interesting to see if they come to pass. This face to face reading thing is neato.

I'm loving the IDS! xoxox

sapienza

Alamaris said:
Well, folks, I hate to say it but... I'm dropping out.

Thank you all for your advice and friendliness! I look forward to talking to you all some day soon.

I wish you all the best Alamaris. I'm sure most of us will still be here when you feel ready to come back. Sometimes a good break from something is just what we need and when we feel ready we can return with a new enthusiasm. Take care of yourself :)

tarot4fun

Disa said:
... today my mother came over and said, "hey I have a couple of questions, will you do some more readings for me?" I was so happy! Because... that must mean that the ones I did for her last week were okay? Yippeee face to face readings that worked. I did two for her today and they both went well.
I got to experience for myself what all the readers who talk about having a dialog with their sitters mean. I wasn't nervous, and I just trusted what I got. It was pretty cool.
Sounds like you had fun~ Congratulations! :D

:heart:

Aulruna

Alamaris - all the best to you & see you farther down the road...

I'm doing quite well at the moment; I have a lot of questions to myself and my LS and I are exploring those. Right now, I read more with the deck than formally studying it... but it feels right.

Have managed to stay away from oracles all week.

However, if I manage to actually go to the Readers' Studio, I will have to take a short break while I'm there. Can't see how I should NOT look at other decks at that vebue!!

Owl Song

Alamaris,

Look forward to seeing you return when you are ready. Sending you good wishes.

I'm struggling with the writing part of my IDS. I am not having any difficulty sticking with the Fairytale but I am having a hard time writing and reading for others. Part of it is time management. I could definitely do better with that. I think part of the problem is that I work better typing than doing things on pen and paper. I might try this week to find an organized way to do my card meanings and notes on the computer.

I was thinking about maybe trying something with Power Point. I can arrange the slides any way I like. I can scan a picture for each card and make my notes. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

raventepes

I'm probably going to be "booed" for this, but the whole concept to me seems almost rediculous. I understand studying a deck. That's not an issue. But what I don't agree with is not being able to use others while you're studying. What harm could they possibly do, provided you keep your base IDS deck your primary deck and only read with others on rare occasion if it's called upon to read with?

Personally, I couldn't do this type of study. I let the deck I need to use guide me....

Disa

raventepes said:
I'm probably going to be "booed" for this, but the whole concept to me seems almost rediculous. I understand studying a deck. That's not an issue. But what I don't agree with is not being able to use others while you're studying. What harm could they possibly do, provided you keep your base IDS deck your primary deck and only read with others on rare occasion if it's called upon to read with?

Personally, I couldn't do this type of study. I let the deck I need to use guide me....

Well, I hope you won't get booed- its a valid question. For me, the answer is- I lack discipline. I have flitted from deck to deck and I feel I've learned almost nothing as a result. I felt that committing to one deck in use and in study would cause me to focus more and get a deeper understanding of tarot, in general. It would force me to stay on target, and when it gets uncomfortable, that just means I've gone one level deeper.

It's a bit like this: when I started getting interested in divination, I was trying to learn cards, runes, scrying, psychic, and mediumistic reads all at once. I had to narrow it down to just focusing on learning cards. Now, I'm narrowing it down further to focusing on just one deck.

Once I feel I have a better connection, then I will be happy to go back to using whichever deck strikes my fancy. But for now, It's time for me to get serious.

Hope that helps some.