Inaugural Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Thread

Skimo

Hello everyone,

I don't post a lot, but I am following the thread.

I feel the urge to buy a deck today...

I did actually bid on a Tarot de la Réa on ebay, but luckily went outbid...
Now I am tempted by the Blue Moon tarot... it's on my wishlist (but it wasn't the day I have begun the IDS) and as the last copies are being sold, I feel the urge to get one...

I shouldn't, I don't have the budget, and I don't need it as I won't read with it until the end of the IDS... I should go on the de-enabling thread...

Have a nice day!

rwcarter

Skimo said:
Now I am tempted by the Blue Moon tarot... it's on my wishlist (but it wasn't the day I have begun the IDS) and as the last copies are being sold, I feel the urge to get one...

I shouldn't, I don't have the budget, and I don't need it as I won't read with it until the end of the IDS... I should go on the de-enabling thread...

IDS Supportive Hat OFF
Not trying to enable you or anything, but for me (YMMV) if I knew a deck I just discovered was having its last copies sold, I'd snap it up, IDS and budget be damned. }) I know of the Blue Moon, although I don't own it. Say for the sake of argument it's $50 now. Once it's OOP it could go for considerably more $$$ in the future. $50 now when you're in the IDS and don't really have the money for it or lots more $$$ for it in the future when you're not in the IDS and may (or may not) have the additional funds for it. Different people will give you different answers to that dilemma, but I'd snap it up and then put it away until I was ready to use it.

IDS Supportive Hat ON

Rodney

tarot4fun

Skimo said:

((((Skimo))))

If you are to have that deck, it will come to you later on~
:D

Skimo

tarot4fun said:
((((Skimo))))

If you are to have that deck, it will come to you later on~
:D

Thank you!

It is exactly what I thought when I was outbid on the Tarot de la Réa (two times !!, ok, I didn't bid by accident two times ;o)

I will try to resist as long as possible to my buying fever crisis...

I have even resisted a few days to a Liber T in the trading forum... but I know I will still find it in a few monthes...

fluffy

Hmnn

Well I haven't resisted, I have bought the Liber-T from an AT member and Skimo I agree with Rodney, if you have the money now and it looks likely to go out of print, why not buy it. You don't have to study it now, you can stick with your ids deck and work with another deck later.

For me, the bosch is really hard going, I've said it before I'm trying to stick with it, but I think that when the Liber t arrives I will be changing decks :( I have just read a most intersting thread by Scion about the Liber t which really got me excited. I didn't know it related to egyptian mythology as well (I am soo into egypt) and other things (such as old mysticism etc). I have a very small grounding in that and feel that this would be something I needed to do. I love history and study and thought that the Bosch would be the one. However, the more I read up on Boschs' work, the more I realise that the deck is just pictures picked out from his drawings somewhat randomly without any real correspondence to his works. I need structure/facts/truth - I am a virgo afterall :)

Rodney I think this may mean that I will be able to help you with some of your own studying - I hope! However, I am holding off a definite decision until I receive my copy. I have received a copy of the Thoth and having looked through the deck, did not feel that I had to change. I think that the liber t may be different though.

Love FLuff
xx

Gazel

Gazel said:
I like the bright colours, but have to work on working with the non illustrated Minors.

Blah blah ... what am I writing here: "Work on working" - nonsense - and I think it should be "non-scenic minors" since they indeed are illustrated.

Going to bed - It's almost midnight here.

Gazel.

afrosaxon

(((fellow tarotholics)))

Well, I did buy tarot decks for GIFTS: one for an exchange, and one for someone who doesn't know it's coming. Oh, and one that could serve as a replacement deck, but (hopefully) may end up as a gift.

I also purchased some decks for myself, but these arrangements were made prior to IDS (as stated in my pledge).

[I love self-justification. Don't you? :D]

I received another deck as a gift (the Osho Zen)...and I nicely put it away.

I was so tempted to buy the Alcohol Tarot...but I simply bookmarked the site.

The Gilded and the World Spirit continue to taunt me with cries of "Buy me! Buy me!" But I shall persevere.

I DID purchase a new (to me) oracle deck through the Tarot Trading area (snatched it up within 20 minutes of it being posted -- I saved on the shipping costs I would have paid if I'd bought it through the creator's website) ;) ). My pledge didn't say anything about oracles! :D

I should have been an attorney. :laugh:

T.

tarot4fun

afrosaxon said:
The Gilded and the World Spirit continue to taunt me with cries of "Buy me! Buy me!" But I shall persevere.

I DID purchase a new (to me) oracle deck through the Tarot Trading area (snatched it up within 20 minutes of it being posted -- I saved on the shipping costs I would have paid if I'd bought it through the creator's website) ;) ). My pledge didn't say anything about oracles! :D
As long as you can throw kisses to yourself in the mirror you're doin' OK! :D

Stand strong girl!
:heart:

sapienza

Prism said:
I'm still in love with my Prague, but I have not been doing my daily draws and journaling with any regularity, and I've decided that's just fine. It dawned on me (perhaps a little late!) that I'm in a way different place than most of you, since I'm such a newbie to the whole tarot thing. So I have a lot to learn.

I have been doing the reading circles, and I've started on the 21 Ways exercises. All of it is new and exciting to me.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your learning journey. Just go at your own pace. The exercises in 21 Ways are a great way to get to know a new deck and to learn about tarot in general.

skimo said:

Definitely visit the de-enabling thread if you want to be de-enabled. It's been a HUGE help to me in the past and I'd highly recommend it. :D

fluffy said:
Well I haven't resisted, I have bought the Liber-T from an AT member........For me, the bosch is really hard going, I've said it before I'm trying to stick with it, but I think that when the Liber t arrives I will be changing decks....... However, the more I read up on Boschs' work, the more I realise that the deck is just pictures picked out from his drawings somewhat randomly without any real correspondence to his works. I need structure/facts/truth - I am a virgo afterall

However, I am holding off a definite decision until I receive my copy. I have received a copy of the Thoth and having looked through the deck, did not feel that I had to change. I think that the liber t may be different though.

Don't be hard on yourself about this fluffy. I think the Bosch does sound like a tough deck for this kind of study. As you say, if there isn't a great match-up between the art and the cards it will be very challenging. I know our job here is to support you with the IDS but I just want to say that I think you've really perservered with this and if it still doesn't feel like you are connecting then there is no shame in changing decks. You don't want to labour along for 3 months just for the sake of not giving in. Mind you, if you change to another deck and then want to change again in 2 weeks then THAT might be an issue :laugh: Seriously though, we're here to support you whatever you choose. The Liber T isn't a deck I could work with but I've also read some of Scions info and there is certainly a lot of depth to the deck and I'm sure it would work well for an IDS. Be sure if you choose to work for the deck you sign up to get a copy of Scion's guide which will be a great help to you. That's only IF you decide to change. I'm not encouraging you or anything :)

afrosaxon said:
My pledge didn't say anything about oracles!

From all your posts I've read it sounds like you are doing really well with your journalling and working with this deck. Just look at it like a little treat to yourself :)