composite chart question

star-lover

to any of the professional astrologers here, please

what does it mean when a planet in a composite chart is unaspected?

in particular venus!

i used astrodienst to calculate it and read the descriptions and perhaps they use only major aspects

*edit* venus is semi square 2 planets (jupiter and pluto) and semi sextile another (uranus) so i guess it's not unaspected after all although they are quite weak aspects i think

dadsnook2000

Everything plays a role in a composite chart

The nature of a composite chart is that "reflects" the positional mid-points between the same planets in two different charts. In other words, it shows where those energies are best blended.

Those who use the mid-point system as defined by Witte, Ebertin, the Uranian school, and many professionals such as Noel Tyl and Martha Wescott, would probably look at this chart through the mid-point lens. The semi-squares to Jupiter and Pluto might be translated as: (Ebertin, from the book; Creative power, a craving for indulgence, the giving of one's love to many.

If we "translate" this into astrobabble for a composite chart, we might say that this pair/couple shares the same pleasures, likes to give gifts and pleasures to each other, tends to take the "rosey" side of life's path, has/seeks many friends and social contacts, and is actively involved with helping or reaching out to others.

Of course, a lot depends upon the individual charts; is each capable of being in a honest, productive relationship, is one giving less than what the receive, are the other aspects in the individual charts conducive to a relationship at this time, what family-jobs-friends-commitments are in place that could impact this composite chart and relationship. Just some thoughts. Dave

star-lover

thanks very much dave, what book is it by Ebertin?

I have Robert Hands' one but it only deals in major aspects

dadsnook2000

THE book

THE book is Ebertin's "Combination of Stellar Influences" a listing of every mid-point combination where A=B/C. A 90-degree dial is used, in manual calculations, where the whole 360 degrees are folded in four, yielding a 90 degree circle. Conjunctions, oppositions, squares will all show up as conjunctions. The mid-point of any pair of planets is seen by using a rotating inner dial. 45 and 135 degree aspects show up as oppositions on the 90 degree dial. All of these aspects are treated equally. The fourth/eighth harmonics are associated with actions and events.

This tool and methodology is also used by the Uranian school with their eight additional "planets", as well as by some of those who use asteroids. In any case, this is a great method for looking at Solar Arc progressions (as advocated by Noel Tyl), secondary progressions, transits, even solar returns.

CSI is a book that every professional astrologer and serious student has on their desk. In most cases it isn't even on a book shelf. Even my major computer software program will display mid-points and their interpretations when the cursor is clicked on a planet. Dave