Tarot of the Sidhe - a study group

Sophie

As part of my IDS participation, I would like to start a study group for the Tarot of the Sidhe. As only the Majors are published for the moment, these are the only cards we'll study, until the whole deck comes out.

Several of you might already have this deck, some thinking of buying it, or have it in the post. Anyone is welcome. The impulse for me is the IDS, but the study is, of course, open to anyone who wants to work with this deck, no matter how well you know it (or don't know it!) :) The more the merrier!

I am hoping to make it much more than a simple deck study. Inspired very much by the lovely Sidhe-Ra, and by John Matthew's book The Sidhe, Wisdom from the Celtic Otherworld, which I read when I first acquired the deck, I have started to see/feel/understand the Sidhe - the great Faeries - as a real, active force. Part of my reason in selecting it for the IDS was to strengthen my relationship with them and start walking and working with them in earnest. Em has woven throughout the deck a balance of dark and light and I am hoping our study can reflect and evoke that balance. For that reason, I encourage anyone who wants to not only to post card descriptions or thoughts, but also - contemplations, meditations, encounters with the Sidhe, and any workings they feel they can share.

I'll be starting today, with a thread on the Sidhe Majors in general, before going on, starting with The Fool. The General thread will do for general discussion, but also any work done with more than one card. The single card threads will be kept for decriptions and other work done with that specific card.

Any questions and discussions about the purpose or focus of the study, and any suggestions you have about the study - please post on this thread.

So - everyone ready for the Return of the Sidhe?

oak_woman

Fudugazi, thank you for starting this thread. I don't yet own the Tarot of the Sidhe, but I absolutely love it and will be following proceedings with interest. And as the cards are all viewable online in Em's gallery, perhaps it will be possible for us not-yet-owners to join in?

Well, of course *she said quickly* those of us studying another deck in the IDS can't join in yet, but we can take a peek at the thread now and again when we've been especially good :)

Sophie

Welcome oak woman! Have a peek whenever you want - and once your IDS is done, you will be more than welcome to post.

:laugh: at the IDS-inspired guilty caveat! :D

Sidhe-Ra

I am really looking forward to reading and sharing insights... there's nothing more gratifying than seeing your work coming to life in the soul journeys of others. Thank you for starting this, Fudgemeister!

Em xxx

Leo62

I would definitely be interested... but what is an IDS :bugeyed:

Sophie

Hi Leo! IDS is the Intensive Deck Study - explained here. I chose the Tarot of the Sidhe Majors as my IDS deck, but it's by no means necessary to take part in the IDS in order to work with the Sidhe and their deck in these threads!

Leo62

Thanks for the link :) Sounds really interesting, though not something I could commit to right now! Will drop in on the Sidhe group as often as poss though :D

6 Haunted Days

My Sidhe is on it's way to me from Tarot Garden as I type, finally!

I'm going to using it in my spirituality and deepening of my workings/relationships with faeries and similar realms.

Sophie

Yay! You'll not regret it :) I look forward to your participation, 6HD. We might clash sometimes, but with the Sidhe host involved, it's garanteed to be a meaty discussion ;)

Nina*

And I'm in too of course.

This deck is the BESTEST!! :D