Camoin Method - Example for Analysis - Marina #1

MareSaturni

Even though i am a Marseilles beginner, i decided to try the Camoin method. I believe it'll help my studies. I originally used the Universal TdM, but i don't have scans of it unfortunately :(

My question is a real one, one that i'm curious to know about. This semester, my university class is the one responsible for a semestral magazine published by the university. I'm a journalism student...a non-excited one, i must admit. Anyway, i ended up responsible for the graphic part of the project and although i like dealing with graphic things well...i never did the layout of an ENTIRE magazine before. I'm nervous about it, so my question was what to expect of my first work with a full graphic project.

Here is my layout:

marinacamoin01.jpg

A link in case the image above doesn't open: Marina's Example #1

˜*˜

Here is my take:

L'Ermite in the past makes much sense, since it shows i was avoiding much social contact. I was avoiding talking, exposing my ideas...you know getting attention. I don't get 100% along with many of my classmates, and that adds to my fear...if i screw anything, i know some of them will blame me and all.

L'Amoureux in present...i don't think i really get this one. It seems like i'm still choosing between accepting or not this work. I'm doing that...sorta. Although i believe it's too late to give up now...

The future is La Force, reversed. Oops, problems in the future. I think it means i'll lack of inner strength to deal with the 'lions' - my classmates - and i'll feel very weak and unprotected.

Now, the extra cards i added. The solution for La Force problem was Le Mat/Le Fou. I think it's telling me not to take everything so seriously - not even my classmates, since they are as unexperienced as i am. I see that Le Mat is not struggling with the lion, like La Force...he's ignoring the dog that's ripping his clothing, and walking forward. Let the creativity flow came into my mind.

I wanted to know where Le Mat was heading, and what was he leaving behind him. So i pulled first Le Monde, and i was a bit clueless, until i pulled Le Soleil. I think Le Mat is leaving the warm and calm sun and reaching something more complex, more difficult but also more rewarding...the world. Perhaps he's leaving things you cannot touch, like the sunlight, and going for things that are more real...the world, and it's four physical elements.

I wonder if i'm wrong interpreting Le Monde as something physical, since most see it as a high spiritual card...

Then, i wanted to see what was L'Ermite starring at...he has his back to L'Amoureux, he is avoiding this choice. I pulled Le Chariot and...i'm clueless about this. I don't know, the charioteer seems confident and distant, like he doesn't want to mingle with the others. Like he's superior. Maybe i was acting like that without noticing (not proud of it).

I think this reading aswers me that the work is going to be tough, because i'll need to become stronger to endure the pressure. *fear*

That's what i saw first. I didn't see why draw any other cards but i'd like some opinions, some other views...

I'd also like to thank Paul for teaching us this method :)

Bernice

I pulled Le Chariot and...i'm clueless about this. I don't know, the charioteer seems confident and distant, like he doesn't want to mingle with the others. Like he's superior. Maybe i was acting like that without noticing (not proud of it).
I don't think you were acting 'superior'. I think you were all wrapped up in finding a balance within yourself - sorting out where and how you stood.

Did you consider putting a gaze card to the right of the Future(La Force) after the solution had been laid and read? La Force would then be uprighted and regarding the right side. Although, Paul has said to keep it simple, and your interpretation sounds pretty comprehensive and clear.

Bee

MareSaturni

Bernice said:
I don't think you were acting 'superior'. I think you were all wrapped up in finding a balance within yourself - sorting out where and how you stood.

That's another interesting view of it. I always forget the Chariot can be also of controling opposite energies...

Bernice said:
Did you consider putting a gaze card to the right of the Future(La Force) after the solution had been laid and read? La Force would then be uprighted and regarding the right side.

I completely forgot you had to upright the card. My mistake, i probably should have draw another card to see what La Force would face after 'correcting' the problem. :(

I just noticed one more possible interpretation...La Force, when upside down, is facing Le Amoureux. And she doesn't look very happy...i think i'll come to regrat my choice in the future, not in a destructive way, but more as 'ugh! What did i have in mind when i accept to do *that*!?!?!?'

Bernice

I completely forgot you had to upright the card. My mistake, i probably should have draw another card to see what La Force would face after 'correcting' the problem.
Marina, if you had laid a gaze card for La Force, after the solution card, instead of placing it as Le Fols' gaze, it would have been Le Mondes gaze - the world!

I think that the gaze of the upside down La Monde, looking at L'Amoureux, probably means that you are currently unhappy about the future outcome - and that is true!

Stop doubting yourself Marina, you've places to go = the World.

Bee

Flavio

Marina said:
That's another interesting view of it. I always forget the Chariot can be also of controling opposite energies...
I think you can add a gaze card for the chariot as the driver is looking to the left.

Marina said:
I just noticed one more possible interpretation...La Force, when upside down, is facing Le Amoureux. And she doesn't look very happy...i think i'll come to regrat my choice in the future, not in a destructive way, but more as 'ugh! What did i have in mind when i accept to do *that*!?!?!?'
I like the development of your situation in the La Force + Le Fou, the reversed Force show us some difficult to handle the beast whether it is the responsibility for that job or your fear that something goes wrong, the solution is Le Fou, here, the beast is helping you move forward, instead of waste energy worrying, so to speak, use it to get the job done and move to the next thing.

Paul

:thumbsup:

Wonderful!

Since I am one Camoin purist here, I suppose, I must play a role as the Camoin Method Police, you still need to finish some gazes:;) Plus, I am a big believer in learning a Master's method before improvising (whether that be cooking or woodworking or Aikido or Tarot), although I understand you weren't improvising, but that this was your first go of it. In this Method, all gazes and reversals and solutions are integral to the final meaning, especially when one is applying the Law of Extremity.

-- Follow Le Chariot's gaze, please.
-- Follow La Force's (uprighted) gaze. In fact, to be technical, one must first finish laying out the row below, before going onto the row above. The reasons for this will be borne out with experience, but suffice it to say, you need to know what cards on the row above serve as solutions (or not) to those below.
-- The card to the left of Le Mat to my knowledge is an optional rule. So, no problem, but Camoin recommends that Optional rules be placed on the back burner and only used sparingly for particular clarifications. Nonetheless, is was meaningful, no?

Happy gazing, reversing, and solutioning.

MareSaturni

Paul said:
-- Follow Le Chariot's gaze, please.
-- Follow La Force's (uprighted) gaze. In fact, to be technical, one must first finish laying out the row below, before going onto the row above. The reasons for this will be borne out with experience, but suffice it to say, you need to know what cards on the row above serve as solutions (or not) to those below.
-- The card to the left of Le Mat to my knowledge is an optional rule. So, no problem, but Camoin recommends that Optional rules be placed on the back burner and only used sparingly for particular clarifications. Nonetheless, is was meaningful, no?

Thank you for the ideas, i wasn't aware of those extra gazes, lol :D. I'll 'finish' the spread asap, then post the result here. And i was also unaware of the opitional rules, i'm afraid. I just draw the card behind Le Mat because it...felt right? :confused:

Anyway, for a first-timer, it wasn't that scary i guess...

Paul

Marina said:
because it...felt right? :confused:

:) And after all of the gazes, and reversals, and solutions, and rules, and laws, it really does come down to what feels right.