Crystal Bowl Sound Healing

Horace

I searched the archives here and googled also to find more information on this technique. But I think I'll have better input here on the forum.:)

I signed up for next weekends' one hour session with Diane Mandle, certified Tibetan Bowl sound healer. The local yoga studio flyer said bring $25 and something comfortable to lie on. I like to use bells, and I'm looking forward to this. I just don't know what I'm 'looking forward to". LOL as it's only one session, I'd like to get as much out of it as I can. It's at 7pm, so I know I won't eat dinner first, but should I just fast for the day? Will I feel too energized to sleep later? or should I nap first so I won't fall asleep on the mat. lol I'm also tone deaf from childhood ear infections. How will I know what note it is? or does any of this even matter?:)

I've never heard these sounds before, and though I'm going with the expectation/hope of a head and heart healing, I'll be thrilled with just a 'vibrational tune-up.' So what will I feel afterwards? anything? It says it's used for stress, but I'm not really stressed about anything. and it's so little money...
Thanks in advance for answering these strange questions.:) Hh

Horace

no words for it

Thanks AJ.. Now I'll have to buy a CD as well. I'm sure there'll be one! LOL Hh

bershka

Dear AJ,

Thank you so much for sharing the link!!!

It feels really good to listen to the samples so I ordered the CD!

If you know other excellent crystal/relaxation music, please let me know :love:

HearthCricket

I think it would be very valuable for you to take the entire day, if possible, and turn it into a retreat mode. A day of healing. And let the singing bowl session be a part of that day. Be well rested, have things accomplished the day before so your mind is free and open, maybe do a tarot reading, or meditate on an oracle. Go to the Singing Bowl Therapy Session, come home and take a walk, or a long bath, with aroma therapy, and just soak it all in. Make the day sacred for yourself! :)

Master_Margarita

Not all singing bowls are crystal bowls. The Tibetan ones are sometimes metal.

I think this one is the best of my singing bowl CDs. The bowls playing are metal.

Journey to Wholeness is my favorite of my crystal bowls CDs.

At both of the urls above I think you can listen to sound samples. These CDs are far less overtly melodic than the (very lovely) sample that AJ linked you to. The seminar that you are going to is more likely to sound like the samples I have listed.

I wouldn't recommend fasting in advance. And being tone deaf won't matter.

Enjoy your experience.

:heart: M_M~

PS to Bershka: if you look at amazon.com for anything by Steve Halpern or Steve Roach or look for the keyword "ambient" you will find enough wonderful relaxation/meditation music to last a lifetime!! Also Jean Michele Jarre's Equinoxe.

bershka

Master_Margarita said:
PS to Bershka: if you look at amazon.com for anything by Steve Halpern or Steve Roach or look for the keyword "ambient" you will find enough wonderful relaxation/meditation music to last a lifetime!! Also Jean Michele Jarre's Equinoxe.

Thanks M_M!

I have JMJ's Equinoxe :)

I listen to many of Jonathan Goldman's CDs and my favorites are "Chakra Chants" and "The Lost Chord". To connect me to the sea and my connections to Atlantis, I listen to "Dolphin Dreams" His CD "Tibetan Chant Masters" has been nominated for Grammys but it's not my cup of tea ;)

Master_Margarita

bershka said:
Thanks M_M!

I have JMJ's Equinoxe :)

I listen to many of Jonathan Goldman's CDs and my favorites are "Chakra Chants" and "The Lost Chord". To connect me to the sea and my connections to Atlantis, I listen to "Dolphin Dreams" His CD "Tibetan Chant Masters" has been nominated for Grammys but it's not my cup of tea ;)

I have "Chakra Chants" too--at least I think I do; Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern. :D

And then there's Brian Eno....

bershka

Master_Margarita said:
I have "Chakra Chants" too--at least I think I do; Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern. :D

And then there's Brian Eno....

If Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern, then I will definitely look into Halpern!! Which CDs of Halpern are your favorites? There are so many of them lol

Master_Margarita

bershka said:
If Goldman is almost as prolific as Halpern, then I will definitely look into Halpern!! Which CDs of Halpern are your favorites? There are so many of them lol

Oh, it would be hard to pick, but "Tonal Alchemy" has chants and a lot of crystal and metal singing bowls (to avoid wandering too far from this thread topic) and "Inner Peace" is extremely soothing.