Bosch 6 Cups

fluffy

I decided to simply shuffle the cards and deal then study that one as I would only pick my favourites to start with. Sure enough I shuffled and got 6 cups. I don't get the cups at all really as a suit, the ones that do not have figures in them stump me although I have read the lwb.

Still onto the 6. I do not have a scanner, but hopefully will be able to post a picture soon from another bosch fan. A description will have to suffice. There is an expanse of water on which a "pod" (not sure what it is) is floating. On top of the pod are 3 cups, two of which are pierced by a crescent moon shaped thing (horns? plant?), above the 2 cups is a crescent moon itself (I think)in the third cup is a kind of pillar with two feathers sticking out of it. The pillar supports a further cup which itself has a plant(?) growing out of it and another pillar. From the plant there seems to be two prodruberances which reach from this cup to a futher cup balancing on the pillar. Yet another plant grows out of the cup and a cup is on top of the plant with a tiny plant on top of it. Through the middle of the "fountain of cups" is what looks like a dowsing rod which seems to go through the two protruberances.

I am sorry for the lengthy description, but I really wanted people to know what it looks like in the hope that someone helps me out!!

The image itself comes from Boschs' "Garden of earthly delights". The differences being that there aren't cups on the original "fountain". The card is a tiny bit of the bigger picture which was a representation of lust. I am not sure whether the deck creator was using the images randomly or whether whatever picture the card comes from has significance, so I will mention it anyway.

My thoughts on the card are very random. Perhaps the two cups on the bottom pierced together is a representation of the lovers (VI), the third cup a result of their joining. The moon is representative of usually subconcious things or intuition, but I am not sure even if it is a crescent moon, it is on its back if it is.. The pillars could be to do with strength and support (emotional), the dowsing rod - searching for something, some love, some support, but then it must have been received because the rod is entwined between the fountain.

Not sure of the significance of feathers, or plants, they are spikey looking, you wouldn't want to grab hold of them, yet whoever used the rod has left go and it remains suspended in midair. Perhaps the cups were hidden under the water. Afterall the rod is used for finding water, yet here is a whole river or sea so what was its purpose?

I would tentatively suggest that to myself this card could mean emotional support/strength is sought, but not required. It is growing from the person themselves and cannot be grasped at foolishly (moon, dowsing rod), look to friends and family for support (cups growing out of cups).

It could also be similar to the RWS meaning of nostalgia, searching for something that was long ago (the top cup to the bottom cup, the dowsing rod which finds water)
What do you think?

Love Fluffy
xx