Pluto Going Retrograde: Effects?

GoddessArtemis

I received an astrology update in my email (see below), and I have a question about the effects of Pluto in one's chart. Basically, since last night, an issue that I thought I'd let go of is haunting my thoughts with such force, it's overwhelming. This was a situation where someone took great advantage of me, to the point where it was really painful to me/my life. And though I've walked away from it, since last night...I keep thinking about how I want to exact some form of vengeance on this person because of their hurtful actions. I actually can't stop thinking about it, and though it's not in my personality to act on these thoughts, they're quite overpowering. :confused:

My chart is Pluto-ruled (Scorpio ascendant). So with Pluto going retrograde (per info below), could my dark thoughts have something to do with that? Or is it just me, randomly? Btw, I'm not thinking of killing them or anything that extreme, but if I acted on my thoughts, this person would be horribly embarrassed to no end in their life. I can't help it. Honest. :rolleyes:

Ever since January 25 when powerful Pluto entered Capricorn, the sign of the builder, you have been examining conditions you have left (or are leaving) and have been wondering where you want to put your energy and ambitions. What projects do you want to invest in? Where do you want your life to take you? These are changing times and you are feeling every bit of it!

Now, on April 2, Pluto turns retrograde for the first time in its new sign -- giving you the opportunity to review the blueprint of your life plan. Additionally, Mercury's entrance into Aries on April 2 (new ideas) and Venus' transit into the same sign on April 5 (a new love interest?) encourage you to be bold, not to shy away from these important new beginnings.

Now is the time to transform your life. You are embarking on a new chapter of a whole new story. The journey ahead is filled with all of the twists and turns that make a great novel and, since you are the author, this Pluto review in the midst of Aries energy offers you the opportunity to write, re-write and edit your amazing life story!

GA

Free Flight

Hi GA

Pluto going retrograde relates to last Feb or if you are very senstive back to when pluto went intto Sag back int he mid 90s.

Here is some more

So, Plutonically at least, you're still sorting through a little something from 2007...And, as Pluto stations retro it squares Mercury; Lord of Communications. Or, if you're really fancy and occulty - the Psycho-Pomp.
So, depending on your current situation in life, this is completely brilliant breakthroughs and eureka moments relating back to the phase from last Feb or even from when Pluto went into Sagg in the mid-90's...
Or, it's classic Plutonic Grudge Flashpoint, catharthis & skeletons crashing out of closets. It's not at all coy, you understand.
But it's a Dark Moon so all about wrapping the past - Sunday is a fantastic fresh start vibe with the New Moon in action-Aries.

best and most profound insights re the past 14 months or 14 years! Take a few moments out to think
in terms of these cycles.

Big thing du jour is to be ready and prepped to elegantly slough off old skins – not because circumstances compel you to – this is all so internal. Insight after insight after insight and perhaps prompted by a stray comment here or a flash of nostalgia there.

On the outside, it ought to be relatively sedate in most cases. But beneath our ever-polite and composed veneers (Moon is still in Aquarius) resolve is firming and big shifts are occurring. My fave metaphor for Pluto stations is the Glacier on a volcano - it happens! In nature!

Beneath frozen streams of ice run rivers of molten lava.

GoddessArtemis

Thank you, Free Flight. I honestly can't say I completely understand all of what you wrote, but I'll re-read it till it makes some sense. :confused:

Here's some more info that I found online about Pluto going retrograde on April 2: http://www.astralis.it/horoscope.htm

I'm still not "getting" it, but I'm sure there must be some effect on my chart because of my Scorpio rising.

GA

GoddessArtemis

Oh, and P.S...my Pluto is in Libra at 1°04'30, in the 11th house, and is retrograde.

Since Libra is the planet of relationships/partnerships, does that mean Pluto going retro in this period will affect those? Also, my Mercury (in Aries) opposes my Pluto at 2°20; my Venus (in Taurus) quincunxes my Pluto at 0°23, my Jupiter (in Capricorn) squares my Pluto at 3°49, my Saturn (in Gemini) trines my Pluto at 0°17, and my Neptune (in Sagittarius) sextiles my Pluto at 4°11. That's a LOT of Plutonian activity, isn't it?

Am I confusing myself here? What am I talking about...? :laugh: Am I worrying too much?

GA

star-lover

i think pluto works with your subconscious more and is not a planet to think of in day to day terms with stuff

i would equate mars more with day to day emotions, revenge that kind of thing

balenciaga

Free Flight said:
Sunday is a fantastic fresh start vibe with the New Moon in action-Aries.

Also, one might want to note that Mercury enters Aries today, 4/2, until 4/17. I suppose good advice would be think before speaking, esp. what one dredges up with the help of Pluto/retro.:)

Barbaras Ahajusts

star-lover said:
i think pluto works with your subconscious more and is not a planet to think of in day to day terms with stuff
i would equate mars more with day to day emotions, revenge that kind of thing

balenciaga said:
Also, one might want to note that Mercury enters Aries today, 4/2, until 4/17. I suppose good advice would be think before speaking, esp. what one dredges up with the help of Pluto/retro

All these things intertwine on some level. Yesterday I saw verbal missles go off and I wasn't in a bomb shelter being smart. I was on the battlefield. I knew April would be rough, but between Pluto in my 5th house and Mars in my 12 house, I don't just need duct tape, I need a plaster cast all over my body to keep me completely still so I can THINK not ACT! I need to think like I am still in the cocoon developing, not the beautiful & talented butterfly enjoying life.

Barbara

dadsnook2000

The Pluto retro cycle?

We have to remember just what the Pluto retro cycle is focused upon. Being very far away and slow moving, we are used to seeing it's slow progress back and forth thru the signs. What is often overlooked with the outer planets and their retro motions, is that these backward-moving period occur between the "trines" -- when the Sun exceeds a trine aspect to a outer planet and approaches the opposition point. Each of the outer planets has its own retro arc relative to the Sun, but all reach an opposition to the Sun during their retro period.

PLUTO opposite the SUN is a focus on achieving independence. On June 21st the Sun will oppose Pluto at 29 Cancer-Capricorn. Moon will conjoin Pluto early that day. Venus will only be 4 degrees ahead of the Sun. So, we have Sun-Venus opposite Moon-Pluto; a day when our heart-strings will be twanged, when we find others so exciting, a time when someone fateful may walk into our lives. All of this is, of course, the opposite of just the SUN-PLUTO opposition. So independence is sort of "up in the air" as we might give it away on an impulse. Just some thoughts. Dave

Barbaras Ahajusts

Once more, pretty please?

dadsnook2000 said:
...What is often overlooked with the outer planets and their retro motions, is that these backward-moving period occur between the "trines" -- when the Sun exceeds a trine aspect to a outer planet and approaches the opposition point. Each of the outer planets has its own retro arc relative to the Sun, but all reach an opposition to the Sun during their retro period... Dave

Hey Dave, I understood all of your paragraph except the above. Can you bring it down for me?

Thanks so much,

Barbara Ann

GoddessArtemis

balenciaga said:
Also, one might want to note that Mercury enters Aries today, 4/2, until 4/17. I suppose good advice would be think before speaking, esp. what one dredges up with the help of Pluto/retro.:)
I have Mercury in Aries, so I imagine I'll feel more free to express myself. Not that anything much ever stops me :laugh: but I might actually be able to express anger, too..instead of putting a lid on it so often that I want to implode.

Still, I'm not quite understanding this Pluto retro thing...I believe I need it to be in quite lay person terms...help?

GA