New Study group? "Book T" and the Minor Arcana?

Grigori

I've been playing with some ideas of how to have a study group running in this forum, to help beginners get started learning the ground rules of this method of looking at Tarot, and to let the experts share their ideas and experience with us and each other.

Scion's suggested (I think very wisely) that we could do so by picking apart book T as a group. I'd love to do this by focusing on individual cards, one at a time, as it would allow us to collect information from our knowledge/libraries to share, and we could also study this in the context of whichever deck we're using as individuals.

That way if you have one of the classics (Thoth, Golden Dawn, RWS etc) or a modern deck based on any of them (virtually every modern deck) or even if you want to work the system with a Marseille (why not, the GD'ers did) then you can participate and apply that to your deck of choice. I'm particularly keen to focus on the minors and astrology, as I think this is very overlooked usually and a good starting point.

Would anyone like to do something like this? Especially I'm curious if any beginners think this would be of benefit for them?

Scion

Yay! :thumbsup: I'm ready to rock.

I'm ALL about this at the moment, writing like a madman and eager to splash around in Book T with people looking to explore.

And I'm hoping we see some unfamiliar faces in these parts. Okay Hermetic lurkers, don't be shy now.... :)

fyreflye

Count me in.
But at the moment I don't think I have a text copy of "Book T" and the online version I've been referring to has vanished into Wayback land (I'll try to resurrect the archive some time today.) But in the meantime, what's the fix for someone without a text?

Scion

There's also a link on the Book T page on Tarotpedia. And actually, I have a PDF that I can put up on my website when I get home... That will make it much easier if anyone's lookng for a download.

firecatpickles

The Link to Uri Raz's Site (from tarotpedia) has been disabled.

Scion

Ack. Bummer. Okay I'll get a pdf up shortly...

kwaw

Scion said:
There's also a link on the Book T page on Tarotpedia. And actually, I have a PDF that I can put up on my website when I get home... That will make it much easier if anyone's lookng for a download.

Hi Scion

What's the address of your website?

Kwaw

fluffy

Hi

Hello,

I am a beginner of the highest order, I know nothing about book T, but am willing to learn and try and come up with something interesting to say:)

Scion, I would be most appreciative if you could put a link in to your website where we could download the book as I haven't got a copy.

I will be using my bosch (which I understand has a little bit of RWS and a little bit of Thoth in it), after I finish my IDS with the Bosch I will be studying my new and first Thoth, so this is an ideal opportunity for me to learn a little bit about astrology before actually having to study the Thoth deck itself!

Love Fluffy
xx