Conversation regarding the Guidelines for the Golden Dawn Tradition Sub-Forum

Grigori

Yay! Thanks Solandia and welcome to the new subforum everyone :D I thought I'd unlock this thread so we could use it have a little welcome party for this new section on AT. But please don't say anything too interesting here cause it will have to be paired down and locked up again later. :laugh:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this forum develops. I think we can discuss a lot of the sort of things that are now seperated between the Thoth and other sections, and go into more detail than we have previously.

*happy dance*

Scion

Double Yay!! Very excited to have this new space in which to splash around.

I'm working on this EXACT topic for a writing project so I'm doubly pleased. :thumbsup:

inanna_tarot

I can sense my brain dribbling from the debates here already!

rachelcat

Ooo, this looks interesting! I probably won't have much to contribute, but I look forward to reading everything in this forum! Thanks Solandia!

chriske

Great stuff! Very much looking forward to the results.

Moonbow

I'm delighted to see this forum.

If the Golden Dawn system is your bag then this is the place to start because some of our members have outstanding knowledge in this area and really needed a place to express and share that knowledge.

Good luck to all concerned and to the mods!

I'll be reading....

Rosanne

I guess as 'Modern Hermetic' starts possibly at the 19th Century- it incorporates the RWS and the Thoth and the Golden Dawn.
Seen as there is a forum for RWS and a Forum for the Thoth- that leaves only the Golden Dawn......?
So there are two branches or directions- Thoth via Thelema and RWS via Christian Hermeticism? Or has RWS just become Christian Mysticism?
Now as the seemingly best exploration of Christian Hermetic thought on Tarot is a book using the images of a Tarot of Marseille (Meditations on the Tarot) looking at the rules of this Forum- it would not then apply.

So this is a forum for the Western Mystery tradition, based on magical beliefs and practices? So this is a forum for Occult Tarot?
~Rosanne

Scion

Actually, now that you mention it Rosanne, I'm a little confused why the Hermetic forum is under the Thoth. :)

The WS is no less Hermetic... and there are other Hermetic traditions that relate to the Golden Dawn material (Papus, Hall, Christian, Levi, etc)...

Alta

I'll leave the other questions/comments to similia, but it could likely have been under either GD deck. It may come down to that (possibly apocryphal) Jim Morrison line: "Hey man, everybody has to be somewhere."
:)

Aeon418

Without wishing to sound too picky..... :laugh:

Given that the original forum guide lines seem to stress the Golden Dawn system as the main focus, the forum title seems like a misnomer. Frankly Hermetic Tarot could mean any number of things. It's a catch all term that does not exclusively mean Golden Dawn tarots.