Conversation regarding the Guidelines for the Golden Dawn Tradition Sub-Forum

fyreflye

Thanks for the clarification, Aeon; I wasn't monitoring these discussions when the sub group was created. Since I misunderstood the scope of this group I've decided I'd rather not participate in the BookT/minors discussion thread after all.

ravenest

fyreflye said:
Why is this thread about colors being posted on a discussion group about a B & W tarot? It appears that putting the Hermetic as a sub category of the Thoth is causing some confusion. Could the Moderators make the Hermetic a more easily distinguished and separate discussion group?

Perhaps we could be a little more flexible with a new and experimental forum like this and just roll along and take it as it comes? I'm sure the moderators, in their own time, will asses and modify as they see the need.

Grigori

Hi everyone,

Again I am sorry about the confusion. We're working on making a couple of adjustments so people are not mislead by the title or placement of this section. At the same time we want a good balance of what is possible in this forum, as the intent is to make it easier to discuss these topics, rather than constrictive.

You should see some changes very shortly, and hopefully they will be of benefit to everyone participating in this new forum.

I'll leave these posts here temporarily so they can be made sense of in context, and then move them to the other discussion of this topic.

In the meantime however, can we please reserve this thread only for discussion of the GD color system as its intended.

Thanks for you patience
Similia :)

Always Wondering

"Originally Posted by Ross G Caldwell
The major difference I see today between old school and new school users of popular tarot is their approach to the content of the cards, and that approach comes down to the hermetics of tarot - whether to learn, dryly and painfully, the now old-fashioned "correspondences" - or, to try to respond to the images as images, without learning, to use them as magic mirrors. It seems to be an issue with people just starting out, because of course they are impatient - they just want to read as quickly as possible."

This is exactly why I am here and calling myself a beginner. Patience is never my strong suit and I have spent four years looking in mirrors and often beating my head against the wall. While I have learned a lot intuitively and perhaps symbolically it has become time for me to put these things aside and learn the facts for the sake of accuracy and truth.
I don't care where you put this, or what you call it but please continue. I have been looking long for discussions like this and am so excited to learn from you all.
AW

Scion

Always Wondering,

I think you (and your perspective) are literally the reason this subforum was created. There does seem to be a burgeoning interest in getting back to the roots, and even the roots of the roots, rather than just repeating "go with the flow" and "whatever you think" ad nauseum.

I'm psyched to see how this little virtual space develops. :thumbsup:

Always Wondering

After getting to know some of you for few weeks, I suspect, even the hairs of the roots of the roots.
Good.
All this talk about mirrors and “if this forum succeeds” worried me a bit.

AW

Grigori

Always Wondering said:
All this talk about mirrors and “if this forum succeeds” worried me a bit.

Well the end of that sentance is, "If the forum succeeds, we will take over the world })" ;)

The forum name has been updated in line with a suggestion from Ross. I think the name change makes the Guidelines more clear now, thanks everyone for your help and suggestions with this.

I'll now close this thread and will shortly edit it to be our more permanent spot for the guidelines. If anyone has any queries please get in touch with me via PM. :)