Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Gilded Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

bluefairy 
Citizen

Gilded- The Emperor

The Emperor there stands a confidante man wearing a red wrap around his body.unlike his empress he holds the planets in the palm of his hand (so to speak).he is wearing a blue under cloak, and has a crown on his head this shows me he knows what he wants and knows how to get it.he is more of this world.not like the empress who deals more with the creation and passion, he is more of the provider he shows power and stability. i get a man who will do anything to guide and to provide for his family, work and love.

Old 13-04-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
DeaconBlues 
Resident

It's interesting how the zodiac symbols in the circle behind the Emperor are more literal than those of the Empress, and that they're positioned almost opposite hers. Also, he appears to be standing on a solid bit of ground. No planets behind him, either, just a sky in the last stages of sunset.
DeaconBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
veniteangeli 
Citizen

Compare and contrast the Emperor with the Empress - her zodiac signs are in symbol form only, whereas his are fully formed pictures - in the book it says they're a progression, to their more earthly form. That would make sense, since the Emperor is more concerned with masculine, concrete thought than his female counterpart.

She's standing on calm, cool blue air, where he seems to be standing on hot red tempestuous fiery air.

He's wearing that laurel wreath, and that makes me think of Julius Caesar, and the Roman empire, and I can't think of any more fitting image. What better way to symbolize the rules and authority the Emperor stands for, than to call to mind Julius Caesar!

Missing from this card are the mountains in the background as depicted in the RWS image - I'm not sure if the card doesn't suffer from this lack, because I thought they represented the Emperor's down to earth nature quite well.
veniteangeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
FireHermit 
Citizen

When I first got this card out the deck my first impressions were that he bears a striking resemblance to Renly Baratheon in The Game of Thrones series

All the sun symbols emblazoned on his robes lead me to believe he is highly motivated towards success/achievement.

His suspension in midair would lean me towards thinking that as a person he can seem very 'aloof' from others - and would form a clear boundary that he is undoubtedly the ruler of all.

However, with that comes responsibility. I note the golden cuff on his visible wrist, which I associate with being bound to others - he is in control, but must also provide care for those under him.

Just some thoughts..

Old 10-05-2013 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today