Christianity and reading Tarot

queenmil

I was hopping to find someone I could discuss this with. I am just curious at thoughts on it. Thanks so much.

queenmil

Then.... I found the archive..LOL Had a total blonde moment. I know I cant ask anything that hasnt allready been discussed...LOL I would like to find someone that would be interested in maybe talking thru stuff.

frelkins

Indigo Rose. She knows everything. :)

Sphinxmoth

queenmil said:
EVERYTHING? LOL

everybody doesn't know something, but yeah, Indigo Rose knows a lot. ;)

queenmil

Thank you so much for a direction

Ligator

Well, we can talk about it. What is it you are thinking about?

/T

queenmil

Well I consider myself a Christian. HUbby is into Church pretty heavy. He doesnt know I read. Has way different views that I do. I htink there is good and bad in everything that you do. It is all hwo you do it and what you bring with it

Ligator

There are many people from all different confessions that view tarot as a superstition. And they often get very agitated about it.

I find this useful:

If you yourself like to read an think a lot. read christian mysticians lika Eckart, Cusanus, etc that emphasise the "search for truth". Thát the realm of God is fundamentally different from the realm of Man in that we cannot grasp truth entirely. We can only from reading the book of nature and The Book (The Bible) approach truth. The tarot is one way to aid us humans in this search for truth! Theologically the Christian mystics are a good argument.

But I suppose that many people just come up with some quote about babylonian fortunetellers from the Old Testament, or such, and ban it as the work of the devil.

Can you describe the arguments you are meeting against tarot?

queenmil

Well just the typical arguments . HUbby think it will pbring in bad spirits...BUT I have it in here and he hasnt FELT it.... so I guess I dont have bad cards...LOL