Trailer for "Chemical Wedding" on YouTube

Grigori

ravenest said:
Looks like a gang of us is getting together, thnks for offering your place Similia as the base camp :laugh:

Sounds like fun! Now we just need a release date to plan flights etc.. :D

Ravenest said:
PS. what's that AC is wearing 1:28 into the clip, hmmmmmm?

Do you mean the priestly thing? I don't think that ones Crowley. Cause otherwise seems like just the same as elsewhere.

I just noticed the name Hubbard flashes on the screen in the opening part of the clip. From memory, didn't Hubbard's son do a penthouse interview saying Scientology was inspired by Thelema, and that Hubbard considered himself the one who followed on from Crowley?

Attachments

• screencap.jpg
    screencap.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 87

Debra

Umbrae said:
Jaysus have I not taught you anything?

A FREAKIN' TUTU!!!

Oh Umbrae.

*hangs head in shame*

I outgrew
My tutu
Now I'm built
For a kilt
Waddya think? Shall I Do
As Thou Wilt?

chriske

Hubbard, JP and AC

Just a little correction, courtesy of Sex and Rockets. Hubbard struck up a relationship with Betty Northrup not Cameron. Betty and JP were "a couple" but were not married. Ron, Betty and JP formed a company largely with Jack's money to buy boats on the east coast and bring them out west. When Betty and Ron showed no signs of coming back west with the boats, JP realised that he had been duped and went after Ron in Court. Jack got some money back and Ron had to pay JP's legal fees and that was it. No connection with AC, who was watching aghast from the sidelines, metaphorically speaking.

The marina, the tutu and the ritual? That would make a much better film than Chemical Wedding.

Greywoolfe

He he! Looks like fun- and Simon Callow does look the part, doesn't he?

Greywoolfe

Moonbow* said:
Simon Callow is excellent... although I have one (?) problem with this. I don't know anyone over here who would pronounce Crowley that way! Croooley?!

They seem to pronounce Crowley correctly. As the Beast himself puts it:

"It's CrOwley, like Holy- not CrAUwley, like Fowly."

Moonbow

They pronounce Crowley in the excerpt, in the Queen's English, as did many people of that time and with Crowley's education. It also has snobbery factor because at one time would show an educated person. So the pronounciation is authentic to how Crowley wanted it said.... at least that part of the film is authentic!

Le Fanu

Just watch out for the special "film edition" of the Thoth...

I actually find it all a bit depressing....

frelkins

Looks like a cheap B- horror movie for the college set, to me. :)

ravenest

similia said:
Do you mean the priestly thing?
Er, yeah ... but no, it sort of looks like an old style 4th degree robe (collar and apron) from 'some' magical order ??? (Or perhaps a variation on Masonic Royal Arch?)
similia said:
I don't think that ones Crowley. Cause otherwise seems like just the same as elsewhere.
Yeah, thats not Crowley I didnt recognize him properly as last time I saw him with a Masonic apron on, the rest of him was naked :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: (see Magick in Theory and Practice - Liber Abba, Book 4 - Yoga section.)
similia said:
I just noticed the name Hubbard flashes on the screen in the opening part of the clip. From memory, didn't Hubbard's son do a penthouse interview saying Scientology was inspired by Thelema, and that Hubbard considered himself the one who followed on from Crowley?

More likely Hubbard nicked a few rituals and meditations from Agape Lodge OTO and put his own twist on them. Just imagine; you slog up the ranks for years, pay all that money to get revealed a 'high' secret; 'Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law'. (I believe its the same in A.M.O.R.C. minus the years hard slog and excessive charges?)