An ultimatum

palin

Good morning guys!

I am wondering how an 'ultimatum' would come up in a reading?
What card (s) would best describe this?
Context is general.

I know I am not helping much but any idea? Have you ever had this in the past?

Milfoil

Eight of wands with judgement possibly?

Would sort of depend on the surrounding cards, the spread etc and often the deck itself.

re-pete-a

SEEING AS THE TAROT IS PATHS OF POSSIBILITIES /PROBABILITIES WOULD BE HARD TO..........maybe's would abound.............may be,emperor, magician ,10 swords,justice??............or perhaps tower ,10 swords or vise versa....??
plus throw in the 2 swords....the problem is "NO CHOICE".WOULD BE INTERESTING TO SEE OTHERS INPUT
________
STARCRAFT 2 STRAGEGY REPLAY

rcb30872

I would have thought that the 8 of Swords would be a good card to get here. Definitely the Magician, as they are manipulating you by giving you an ultimatum. The Emperor because it is like you go by my rules or hit the highway. The Empress because that can sometimes mean emotional blackmail. Perhaps the Ten of Cups, especially in the RWS as the man has the hand behind the woman's back like he could be giving her a bit of a shove or push. Perhaps the Five or Seven of Swords.

balenciaga

palin said:
Good morning guys!

I am wondering how an 'ultimatum' would come up in a reading?
What card (s) would best describe this?
Context is general.

I know I am not helping much but any idea? Have you ever had this in the past?

what a great question!:) I need to ponder this one...

balenciaga

I agree with Justice, but only if it is paired with a card such as the Magician as "manipulation" - you need a card that signifies "force", forcing the decision of Justice.
I guess one would have to analyze feelings surrounding the ultimatum - is it out of love or manevolence? Depends on various factors - question, intent, spread.

The crowned one

This is a fun exersise. Ultamatums card combinations would vary depending on the situation.

I see ultimatums as "do this or you will get that" it is a final demand with consequences for non complience...so:

I would see the tower in many ultimatums and perhaps Justice reversed as ultimatums are rarely fair to both parties.

A Lovers ultimatum might be: "lovers/tower/justice" this is a ultimatum. Or lovers/nine of swords/Two of cups. This is a ultimatum with outcomes.

Hangedman/nine of pentacles/five of pentacles. A "change your ways"

Vadella I would agree with the Knight of swords as one who would offer a Ultimatum but may not show up as a part of the ultimatum unless it was a "them or me" type.

no_moon

I would say Judgment sitting next to Justice might be the offering of an ultimatum, or an ultimate decision on the matter.

Would the Magician as an action, with 8 of staves as the motivation also count as an ultimatum? Both are cards of decisive communications...

Grizabella

I think I'd see the Queen of Cups as being more inclined to give an ultimatum than the Empress. Ultimatums can be given as a means of manipulation and I don't see the Empress as being manipulative so much as the Queen of Cups.

Vadella

rcb30872 said:
Perhaps the Five or Seven of Swords.

That's what I was thinking.... my sister did this to get a marriage proposal and I told her that's not the way to go about things and if you have to even "go there" then it's not worth it.

could be the Knight of Swords too. That guy/girl likes to tell you "how it is" when you least expect it.

Queen swords.... she's been hurt already, numerous times, won't put up with anymore crap.... you either get real or get out. haha