Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

World Spirit - Sibyl of Swords

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > World Spirit Tarot

believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

World Spirit - Sibyl of Swords

Just looking at this card makes me feel quite cold and shivery.

The Sword Queen sits on stone throne high up in the mountains. From her vantage point she can see a vast mountain range and a lake. Everything is covered in snow and the predominant colours of the card are blues and whites.
A large bird of prey flies over the mountains and another sits at the feet of the queen and looks intently at her.
The Sibyl herself is an older lady who looks quite stern and intimidating. In her right hand she holds a large sword.

I like the way this queen is depicted as an older lady.. She has lived a bit and also suffered a bit yet she has learned from her life experiences and they have turned her into the wise woman she is now.
She looks like the type of person that others go to for advice and also for judgement... A female King Solomon.
She is in the mountains, above everything else and that, to me represents her ability to think clearly.
The snowy, cold image immediately gives a feeling of crispness. I think that this lady's whole manner will be quite brisk... She doesn't suffer fools, she speaks her mind clearly and precisely. She's a lady who doesn't 'beat around the bush'...
She's a clear thinker and a very good communicator.
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Citizen

Acacia 
Citizen

I pulled this card the other day in a question about my upcoming visit to Alaska. She seemed so appropriate for the journey, the wise woman of the mountains.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Citizen

pasara 
Citizen

I loved your description, Sulis.

Another thing I notice about this card is the juxtaposition of the two birds, one soaring and in silhouette, the other still at her side and in full detail, each on a separate side of her upraised sword. To me this suggests she can soar with her thoughts while staying very grounded.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
believer in magic

Sulis 
believer in magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasara
I loved your description, Sulis.

Another thing I notice about this card is the juxtaposition of the two birds, one soaring and in silhouette, the other still at her side and in full detail, each on a separate side of her upraised sword. To me this suggests she can soar with her thoughts while staying very grounded.
Ooh I like that Pasara .
Maybe the 2 birds could also represent others.. She inspires others to soar and also inspires them to listen to her words of wisdom.

I love this deck, I've had it for almost 10 years and I still see new things in it when I use it .
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.