Dream Inspirational Cards Study Group - Card 6 Art

.traveller.

Here we have a man in a suit standing in front of framed wall art that is more sculpture than painting. On another wall, there is a painting of sheep. This feels less like an art gallery or a museum and more of a trendy boutique, with it's lavendar walls and blue/white tiled floor.

I've been getting this card a lot, but I am not sure what to make of it beyond the obvious.

What do you think?

SpiritOfTheDogz

This seems like one of the few cards that actually look like the meaning in the LWB. "Creativity", "Attraction to Mystery", and "Awareness", although there seems to be a bit more going off here, the picture coming out of the frame looks a bit like a face, an evil face at that, probably indicating to the drawer of this card to beware as all is not as it seems. Also it could be interpretated as "Don't fear What You Don't Know" as although the picture looks a little rightening, the man isn't at all bothered by this. The artwork coming out of the frame looks alive, maybe telling us that art is alive and within it we can learn a great deal about ourselves.

Paul

.traveller.

Thanks! I'm taking another looksee.

Looks like waves of water coming out of the frame... turbulent emotions barely contained, threatening to spill out.

In art, it is said, that the more abstract the art, the more it draws upon the psyche of the viewer. That is the explanation for the extreme responses that abstract art tends to evoke in people. It becomes a reflection of the inner condition of the viewer.

So here is our suited man, with nice shoes, and neatly combed hair... is the painting a reflection of his inner state? Is the why of this indicated by the sheep painting?

I think I am beginning to "get" this card.

Onyx

My take on the Art

As a card that seems to come up a lot when I read with this deck this is where I started my study with this deck. I was not quite sure where it fit. I have not been able to connect the meanings in the book with the meanings of the cards so I have gone about discovering my own meanings.

I have devised a three-card spread that I use to help the cards of the deck teach me about the individual cards.

What does the Art card give me? -- Astonishment -- a sense of wonder and the humility that one feels before beauty or amazing resolve.

How does the Art card challenge me? -- Birds -- messgaes of understaning that I must learn to see. The challenge is to learn to see better to understand better. Then when I see the messages I can be able to interpret them better.

What will the Art card teach me? -- Falls -- I see power, constant and water. There seems to be water in the Art image so I connect the images in the sense of overflowing. Art has an abundance to it and power that can flow from it that extends further than may be expected or desired. Art like a waterfall can be both beautiful and a source of power.

Onyx.