Card Combo to predict phyical death

NJAK

Is there a card combo to predict physical death? A facebook group was talk about this but there aren't as many active people there (as are here) to get a good picture of the subject. What are your thoughts on the subject? Is there a group of cards that predict death if you get them in a reading?

Gavriela

The only time I had a client die during a reading (aneurism), and yup, it would happen to me, though arguably it was much worse for the poor chap - I'd just drawn the 9 of Swords and the Tower.

Thirteen

NJAK said:
Is there a card combo to predict physical death?
Sure. As you can see, more than one. But the problem is that none of us, NOT ONE of us can say: "Each and every time you get this combo it's a guarantee...someone will die!"

:rolleyes: Honestly, by just implying this, never mind if it's true, we make people scared to death of tarot and tarot readings. "Ohmygawd! I got the tower and the 9/swords! I'm gonna die!"

I'm only half joking here. Thing is there are a lot of card combos that predict physical death. And each and ever one of those combos DO NOT predict it as well. That's the trick, the beauty, the wonder of Tarot. Nothing is ever exact, set in stone, absolute. Depending on the circumstances, on the querent, the question, the person they may be asking about...any number of combos could say to you, the reader, "Their sick old aunt is gonna pass on." And later, in another reading with another querent, who has different circumstances and a different problem, that very same comb could well say to you, the reader, Their sick old aunt is going to have a break-through surgery and be restored to health.

It all depends.

pippi

You had a client die during a reading!?!?!? :bugeyed: OMG Gavriela! Where were you? That must have been a pretty insane thing to experience.

starrystarrynight

What Thirteen says is (as always) so true.

When I was diagnosed with cancer last year, I was drawing Death, the Nine and Ten of Swords regularly. No one near me died.

You know what? I didn't die, either. (It was, however, a life-changing experience, one that caused me loads of anxiety and sleepless nights, and it was probably one of the lowest points of my life.)

p.s. I am cancer-free now. And alive. Yay! :D

NJAK

Thirteen said:
"Their sick old aunt is gonna pass on." And later, in another reading with another querent, who has different circumstances and a different problem, that very same comb could well say to you, the reader, Their sick old aunt is going to have a break-through surgery and be restored to health.

It all depends.

I agree with you. No matter the combo people also most always say there is a strong feeling that someone is going to past (past being a more friendly term then death) . The question is more about the trigger. No one I has yet said, "Ohmygawd! I got the sun, World, and the fool. I am going to die."

I also agree that it is personal. To me a physical death combo would have include the moon. I see the High Priestess as being Persephone in the warm months. When Persephone is on earth, there is growth and Persephone attends to things (flowers) growing. Yet in the underworld is the queen.

I see the moon as being in the underworld and river to be crossed, the river styx. The river styx was the boundary between Earth and the Underworld. So, this is where I see the fool physically dying. To across styx by boat you had to pay a price or you would be stuck on the shores may be forever try to find the door to the underworld.

Gavriela

There can be any number of combos, and any number of circumstances. And yes, those two particular cards have come up in readings since then, and while it's always going to squick me a bit to see them together, nobody keeled over!

There are also peaceful deaths, you know - even in astrology you sometimes get thrown when the only indication is something like a Jupiter/Venus trine (a good aspect between two good planets). The exact same thing can happen in tarot.

Whether I'd tell depends entirely on the client. If it's someone elderly who knows they have a terminal illness and is trying to sort things out - yeah, maybe. If it's somebody who's waiting for a relative to kick off to collect the inheritance - I'd probably skip it. YOU CAN BE WRONG. And you don't want to traumatise your clients.

Discretion is the better part of valour in these cases.

NJAK

I've not predict death using tarot cards, yet. But I am not sure I would hold back, if I did see it. I don't see death as bad thing just another thing.

Would it be wrong to bring up a physical death in the card if the reading is on past events?

And are there other cards other then the tower, 9 of sword, 10 of sword, death, devil, and the moon that have turn out to be related to a physical death?

Gavriela

Nina Lee Braden said she always got 8 of Cups for a physical death (though obviously the card means other things, too). I never have. It's going to be different given that we're all different, as are our clients and situations.

If I saw a past death that was somehow pertinent to the reading to hand, I might talk about it. Again, it would depend on the client, and the situation. It's not something I'd be likely to do at a ten-minute reading at a Tupperware party, for example.