Tarot shops in Venice, Italy

Dwaas

In two weeks, after my marriage, I will finally go to Venice with my love. I have been to Rome, Sienna and other places in Italy but now I will go and see the canals and opera. Of course we will make a trip in a gondola! :)
Now I was wondering if anybody knows tarot shops there. I can imagine that there must be a few! I searched the web but could only find online tarot service. Any Italians or others here that can help me finding the way to metaphysica shops? Thanks in advance!

MarkMcElroy

Tarot in Venice

As is the case in many cities in Europe, tobacconist shops are often the best source of Tarot decks in Venice.

The island's shaped like a fish, and the streets interconnect, so you can't really get lost. So ... wander! And, as you wander, keep your eyes open, particularly for tobacconist shops. When I was there, I found several out of print and hard to find decks in the glass counters near the cash registers of shops all over the island.

I also found shops packed with exquisite decks on or near streets called CALLE DE LA MANDOLA and RIO TERA DE LA MONDOLA.

Enjoy your trip!

Little Hare

Oooh what a great thread :D I will be travelling to Europe and fingers crossed *italy* in september...so am happy to see this thread :D :heart:

Thanks for the heads up Mark!
P_P

Ooooh Yes and Dwass HAve a fabulous romantic, loving time :D :heart:

Much love to you and your hubby!

memries

Well that is exciting news Dwaas ! A wedding and a wonderful trip to Venice.
I wish you well and happiness and joy. xxxxx Memries

Ange

Wishing you love and happiness for your wedding...

Ang x

Tristram Shandy

I asked the same question more than a year ago, got answers, and the thread is here. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Dwaas

Thanks for all the input! I will give report when I'm back. :)

Eddie

Do let us know what you find.
was there last year and didn'y find anything, but then I didn't know where to start looking.
Clever you for thinking of asking on the forum.
Good luck!
eddie

Grizabella

Ohhhh, what a wonderful honeymoon trip! I hope you'll share some photos with us when you get back! And just think-----tarot decks from Venice, too! What could be more wonderful?

And congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I wish I could be there! I'm so, so happy for you and Jen! My thoughts will be with you, believe me. :) :heart:

Apocalixe

Hi

Mark gave you the right lead, but be aware that in Venezia everything is very expensive, and all in Euros!. I'm Venetian and I go back frequently to visit my family. Last time I was there, just a few months ago, I wanted it to buy the Tarot of Venice....oh boyyyy! The tobbaconist asked me 58 euros for them, about 85 us dollars (or more). Guess what I did! I bought them when I got back to the States for $62 circa (shipping expenses included). Save your money to buy other beautiful things that you will find only in Venezia! Have a nice trip! Ciao!