Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks

Pam O

faunabay said:
I'd never thought about trimming my Robin Wood. But this sure looks wonderful. :heart:

I don't know if I could trim the deck I have now. It's the third deck I ever bought (don't have the first two anymore) and I love it immensely just the way it is. But........getting another copy and trimming that one.....hmmmm.... that's a thought. :D

LOVE the bag too minrice! gorgeous!

Hey faunabay, I am in the same boat. Just saw the trimmed Robin Wood and fell in love. It is the 3rd deck I ever bought! I can't bear to trim it since it's so broken in...actually it doesn't even shuffle well any more, but it has a place in my heart. I've been thinking of buying a new Robin Wood for a while, and now that I've seen it trimmed...wow! Actually, I've only heard of trimming, never actually done it, but it looks like I'm going to leap now, like a Fool. : )

Kissa

Anybody ever trimmed their Waking the Wild Spirit tarot?

Kissa

Chiska

Kissa said:
Anybody ever trimmed their Waking the Wild Spirit tarot?

Kissa

Even though the borders are kind of bright, one of the cool things about the deck is the backs - if you trim the borders, the backs will get funky and won't have that geometric coolness they have now.

Just a thought.

BlueBlulle

Standard Thoth trimmed, titles kept. Pic is comparison with small uncut Thoth.

http://twitpic.com/1en3u6

If the pic doesn't show, let me know and I'll do it from Flickr.

Kissa

Excellent BlueBlulle!!! I once trimmed a giant Thoth also but I also removed the titles, wrong move if you ask me... Not that I was never into Thoth anyway but it was much more bearable to look at that way. Yours is gorgeous and still functional, well done!!!

Chiska, point taken. Hadn't thought of that so I'm very thankful some of us here are thinking for me ;-)
Still haven't managed to catch a copy of the deck so no hurry.
Off to look for scans of the backs meanwhile...

Kissa tarot trimmed completely and slightly pimped.

AJ

Kissa, you can still purchase the deck from Poppy Palin via her website

Kissa

Yes AJ, thanks for the info, right now Poppy is not answering but I am still waiting :)

MysticalMoose

I trimmed my Robin Wood & regretted it bitterly :( I'm considering buying another copy because I can't be doing with it trimmed! :mad:

MM

pippi

BlueBlulle's Thoth pic added to the index.

Silverlyn

MysticalMoose said:
I trimmed my Robin Wood & regretted it bitterly :( I'm considering buying another copy because I can't be doing with it trimmed! :mad:

MM

I now LOVE and use more my RW since trimming it, but that's me :)