Universal Fantasy - the Sun

SolSionnach

Hello all,
I've just started working with this deck, as a ODW or IDS until the Solstice. I was wondering if anyone has some insight into the banner that the knight on the Sun card is holding. It looks to me to be a banner of a helmeted skull, relating to the RWS death card, and the white horse relates both to the RWS death and sun cards.

I notice how the knight has turned away from his banner and from all the "little people" trying to get his attention. I take it to mean that he either is above them all, or has a hard time reconciling their worship of him with his own self-image.

I'm a 19-10-1, so this is my personality card. I drew it after asking the question, "why do I get palpitations?"

GryffinSong

I just ordered this deck and don't expect to get it until next week sometime. I haven't seen the sun card, but look forward to seeing and studying it.

Just a thought, given your interpretation of the card. Do you get palpitations because you're turning away from something? Either some strength of yours, or from some "little people" who are trying to get your attention?

SolSionnach

Hi Gryffinsong,
I read your answer and about fell off my chair - and then my browser locked up and I didn't reply.

Concerning the "little people" - in the kind of therapeutic work I've done recently, I use the technique of "checking in" with my inner child - actually inner children - and seeing who is upset. In my case, it's generally my 3, 9, and 14-year-old selves. So, of course, my inner children were the little people who I was ignoring.

Tarot boggles me from time to time... :)

GryffinSong

I'm glad that thought clicked. I, too, sometimes ignore my inner children. Ignoring them sometimes ends in depression or migraine for me. I also find that sometimes I'm too close to the issues to clearly read for myself. It's really helping to get insight from others on this board, and I'm glad I could help you. :)

KafkasGhost

I'm also a 19-10-1 and used to get palpitations. They normally occurred Sunday evening before school the next day. I was doing something completely against my nature and was suffering anxiety from it.

Also, this card does not seem so "positive" to me. It does with a touch of sacrifice.

To me, the man on the horse looks downright apprehensive. My immediate thoughts in reaction to this card and his facial expression (and the disconnect with the little people below him because they look pretty joyous) is that he is being sacrificed to appease the sun god(s). They throw sunflowers at him and rejoice in his heroic act. He is dressed ceremoniously in a magnificent cape which emulates the sun, rides a white stallion, is dressed in light colors. He's going to sacrifice himself to appease the gods and save the town.

errr....