Revealing disability from natal chart

allibee

As some of you might have guessed I'm dabbling my toes in astrology at the moment :) and decided to get a free natal chart done for my son who has an autistic spectrum disorder and dyspraxia, a motor skills disorder.
When the actual chart came up online it was amazing as all his activity was soley on one side of his chart, all quite close together.
The natal explanations were amazingly accurate in that it echoes so much of his problems. Mine and my other two childrens charts were all fairly well spaced, making Matthew's even more outstanding by it's lack of balance, it's total onesidedness.
I was wondering if illnesses or disabilities generally show in natal charts in this way?

allibee

isthmus nekoi

I've seen a number of charts where the energy is highly concentrated (my own being one of those!), and I wouldn't take this to necessarily indicate disability/mental illness. Although the imbalance could be a factor.

Moongold

Natal charts and health/disability

Hello allibee,

Minderwiz would be the ideal person to comment here but I think he has gone away for the week end.

There are correlations btween signs, houses and various health or disability issues. I have a physical health issue which could be seen in my natal chart. I also had a car accident earlier this year which I later found was predicted in a progressed chart.

It would be useful to see a good astrologer to get an overall analysis of your son's chart.

It would be also interesting to see where Chiron is situated in your son's chart and your own chart as well. Chiron is the Wounded Healer. I have a friend with a severely disabled but delightful young daughter whose presence can be partly foreseen or explained by Chiron's presence in Mum's chart.

Off topic, have you read any Oliver Sachs? He writes very interesting cameos of people with autism and other similar disabilities.

Blessings,

Moongold

allibee

Oliver Sachs, funnily enough, wrote some articles we had to illustrate at college.... I got to do Super Tourettes!

Hi Isthmus, yes that was what I was getting at, can the imbalance possibly be a factor.

Thanks

allibee

lunalafey

Health in a chart

The A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator points out different areas in life and where to look for the info in the chart. One of the topics is health.
Look to the sign on the cusp of the first house and the ruling planet. Note it's influence by sign and house. And major aspects. The Sun also plays a factor for it is the male in astrology as the moon is female (if looking at a girls chart you would look at the moon's position). If the sun falls in the 6th house, this is unfavorable for good health. Uranus indicates complex disorders.

allibee

Thanks, I have temporarily added Matt's profile at astro.com, so you can see what I mean, and mine is up too.
Lunalafey, you share the same birthday as my number two son...small world, isn't it :)

allibee

allibee

having looked at the pdf's it says that we both have Chiron in the 5th house, and we both have Uranus in 11th house.
Matt's Sun is in 11th.

Hey, my Moon is in the 6th House!

Pollux

I am 100% sure there is a "section" of astrology, just as there is Karmic Astrology or Horary and bla bla bla, that delas with health issues and conditions detected from a birth Chart - I have read references to it as "Diagnostic Astrology".
I am sure there is such cos there used to be some articles in an italian astrology magazine I used to buy, and a fixed two pages section where people made such questions and got some very interesting replies.
If you want, I can go delve some issues and post some examples.
Among the factors considered the are some specific cusps (especially 1st, 6th and 12th); each sign, and house related, represent a part of the body (obviously). Each part has a corresponding zone in the zodiac between two degrees: for example, nose goes from 10° to 16° Aries. Each planet has got some specific attributions. Mars represents operations, accidents, traumas or surgery/cuts; Pluto processes of cautherization, regeneration; Moon is fertility and births; Jupiter stands for hormonal balance and glands and so on...
In the end, they are all notorius associations coming from traditional astrology, but with a very specific application in this case. Honestly, I also thought I'd include some Diagno-Astrology onec I am a medician, it would be an interesting study.

Minderwiz

I'm just on the verge of leaving for Dover but I felt that I need to make at least a holding response here. Firstly could allibee post the natal details of her son - Time, Place, Date - because I wouldn't make any comment without seeing a chart.

Secondly, I'd echo Isthmus' caution. Just because all the planets are in one hemisphere is not of itself an indication of any health related issue.

Please post the details and I'll feed back to you later on when I return from Dover - though it's likely to be after Christmas before I can post a reply on it.

allibee

Okey Dokey Minderwiz

He was born at 10.30am on 5th December 1986 in Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex.

His problems aren't going to go away in his lifetime, so another week or so shouldn't make a difference.
And thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer.

Pollux, my friend,

It is an interesting thing isn't it?
I should think it would add a whole new dimension to your medical practice!

allibee